Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilkley Trail Race

Re: Ilkley Trail Race Sun May

Just out of curiousity, could anyone point me to a map or a description of the course for this race? I ask because I live in Ilkley, and really wanted to do this race, but Sunday was the only chance I had to recce the route of the upcoming Wharfedale Off Road Marathon. I go up Beamsley Beacon/Round Hill/Middleton Moor all the time so I may well have run the route before without knowing!

Cheers,
    TT

TT there is a map of the course on this page

http://www.ilkleyharriers.org.uk/trail/index.html

If you are running it the turn left across the moor is about 20 metres after a stile on your right, turn off the main track onto a kind of cart track that goes across the moorland.

Leeds Rhino, that stile was our biggest concern.....next year we will make it clear that climbing the fence leads to disqualification I would have thought after the first hill most people would be ready for a breather by then!
    Smile on the way up, scream on the way down!

yes ! I was certainly ready for a breather at the first stile, and also at the second stile not much further on !!

well done for organising it anyway Mr.Glass Ankles.

I really enjoyed the Ilkley Trail Race. I've only been running a couple of months and so am pretty new to these races. Just wondered if anyone knew of any similar races within about an hours drive or so of Leeds?

Cheers for the map Glass Ankles; as I suspected I'm very familiar with all the paths along the way, and it does seem a great route for a race - I'm seriously impressed with the winning times too! I'll definitely be there next time, and hope to get myself down to a Harriers Saturday training sesh soon.

Quote Originally Posted by randomcaller View Post
    I really enjoyed the Ilkley Trail Race. I've only been running a couple of months and so am pretty new to these races. Just wondered if anyone knew of any similar races within about an hours drive or so of Leeds?
    A couple up and coming both well within an hour of Leeds are the Otley Chevin fell race 3.5 miles 900ft (from town centre to top of Chevin & back) on Wednesday 4th June at 7.30pm & the easier Bingley St Ives trail race 4 miles 450ft, the following Tuesday 10 June also at 7.30pm - I'm hoping to be fit enough for this one.

Shame I couldn't make this GA, & it looks as if no-one from the club appears to have run either despite my email reminder

Thanks very much for that. I'll certainly be at the Chevin fell race and will try to make Bingley too. Even if i'm last I'd rather run than not

I'll definitely be there next time, and hope to get myself down to a Harriers Saturday training sesh soon.

TT.... better off trying to make the Tues or Thurs night sessions, more folk attend these.

GA
    Smile on the way up, scream on the way down!

Re: Ilkley Trail Race

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    I've already promised GA I'll be there, so I'll be there!!

...well only a year late.

As I've entered this year's race (and its in our Runner of the Year series) I promise I will be there!!

Its on Sunday 24th May this year - anyone else doing it?

Re: Ilkley Trail Race

does anyone know if its full yet?