Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easter Athletics Festival 2007

Re: Easter Athletics Festival

LOL remember mentioning to some of the Students doing the festival that I'd done the MMM that weekend, they looked at me like I was mad!!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgerunner View Post
    Did it in 85 and 86 with MUCCC.
    Had a belting time, drank myself stupid, ran like a jogger, and was ill afterwards for a week.
    Remember running across the island after the Peel race, pub-by-pub.
    I could go on...
    Hope its not changed.
    Tell us more GeorgeRunner, I hope this doesn't involve Beer races, vomitting etc etc. And you the MUCCC captain as well. Tell us the one about Jon Solly!

strangely, I'll be near the IOM at Easter, but canoeing round the thing, rather than running over it. Still next year

great weekend,great atmosphere ive been about 5 or 6 times over the years, worth taking a decent team as there are finacial rewards the beer drinking at the end of the festival is taken far more seriously than the actual running .colin the organiser is a great guy.

visited for the 1987 alehouse whizzkids tour, as a solitary worker amongst wacky manchester students!
    Can I count Peel as my first ever fell race?
    Managed to get thoroughly battered for most of the weekend on Okells and (was it) Castletown?!
    Managed the jogg back from Peel to Douglas with a pint in the pubs we passed but of course I remember the old timers telling us it wasn't like the good old days when there were millions of pubs..............no, it probably wasn't!
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    visited for the 1987 alehouse whizzkids tour, as a solitary worker amongst wacky manchester students!
    Can I count Peel as my first ever fell race?
    Managed to get thoroughly battered for most of the weekend on Okells and (was it) Castletown?!
    Managed the jogg back from Peel to Douglas with a pint in the pubs we passed but of course I remember the old timers telling us it wasn't like the good old days when there were millions of pubs..............no, it probably wasn't!

There's even fewer pubs along that road now as well!!!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    LOL remember mentioning to some of the Students doing the festival that I'd done the MMM that weekend, they looked at me like I was mad!!!
    The MMM used to be on Easter Monday and it was the only way to recover from the excesses and exertions from Easter weekend.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker