Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thomas Taylor

Re: Thomas Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by markmc View Post
    correct full marks
    It would have been simpler to use Google and display this page.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    It would have been simpler to use Google and display this page.
    Did Thomas Taylor have a brother? there seem's to be a J. Taylor that competed inthe High Leap at Grasmere sports from 1898-1903. source ( Some Records of The Annual Grasmere Sports 1911).

Quote Originally Posted by markmc View Post
    Did Thomas Taylor have a brother? there seem's to be a J. Taylor that competed inthe High Leap at Grasmere sports from 1898-1903.
    I don't know.

Perhaps Girsmeerspoorts may be able to help.

Alternately Bruce Parkin should be able to answer this question.

J.Taylor also won the neatest costume in 1903 and 1904.

Here is an example:

Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    I don't know.

Perhaps Girsmeerspoorts may be able to help.

Alternately Bruce Parkin should be able to answer this question.

J.Taylor also won the neatest costume in 1903 and 1904.

Here is an example:

Did Taylor make a come back in the 1910 Guides race at Grasmere,
    Results.
    1. E. Dalzell, Keswick.
    2. J. Fleming, Backbarrow ( Great, great, grandfather to Paul and Stuart Fleming from Backbarrow who used to run in the the junior Guide races)
    3. R. Thomas, Accrington.
    4. A. Greenhow, Ulverston.
    5. Taylor, Staveley.

Would also be interesting to no about Thomas Taylor's other results in different races

The Taylor you mention was J.E. Taylor not Tom Taylor. This Taylor (number 304) was one of 10 runners taking part. He reached the top of Buttercrag in 8th position and finished 5th. All these Taylors may well have been relatives, but without someone doing their family history research it's impossible to make accurate connections from records. People tended not to travel much in those days, so a similar village residence is probably the best guide.
    In 1910 alone there were several Taylors who competed at Grasmere, and all may have been related to Tom Taylor.

There was a
    J.E. Taylor from Staveley - Guides Race (was he a brother/son)
    T. Taylor from Staveley - Heavy weight event (Ditto or was it Tom Taylor Fell runner turned wrestler?) got as far as the fifth round
    H.M. Taylor from Kirkby Lonsdale - Middleweight event (Ditto or father).

Now a query !
    You guys are embedded in Fell Running, and some of you must have many contacts, or like Bill Smith, be fountains of knowledge on the subject.
    Since the matter involving the destruction of my book is about to be settled out of court, I am contemplating updating it, re-publishing in black and white softback, which will provide an opportunity to update, correct, or add to details already on file. I'd appreciate being put in touch (via the web site)with any contacts who you might know who had relatives who competed at Grasmere. They may well be people on my list already but that's not a problem. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Girsmeerspoorts View Post
    The Taylor you mention was J.E. Taylor not Tom Taylor. This Taylor (number 304) was one of 10 runners taking part. He reached the top of Buttercrag in 8th position and finished 5th. All these Taylors may well have been relatives, but without someone doing their family history research it's impossible to make accurate connections from records. People tended not to travel much in those days, so a similar village residence is probably the best guide.
    In 1910 alone there were several Taylors who competed at Grasmere, and all may have been related to Tom Taylor.

There was a
    J.E. Taylor from Staveley - Guides Race (was he a brother/son)
    T. Taylor from Staveley - Heavy weight event (Ditto or was it Tom Taylor Fell runner turned wrestler?) got as far as the fifth round
    H.M. Taylor from Kirkby Lonsdale - Middleweight event (Ditto or father).

Now a query !
    You guys are embedded in Fell Running, and some of you must have many contacts, or like Bill Smith, be fountains of knowledge on the subject.
    Since the matter involving the destruction of my book is about to be settled out of court, I am contemplating updating it, re-publishing in black and white softback, which will provide an opportunity to update, correct, or add to details already on file. I'd appreciate being put in touch (via the web site)with any contacts who you might know who had relatives who competed at Grasmere. They may well be people on my list already but that's not a problem. Thanks in advance.
    Hi have sent you a pm

Hi there, I would love to connect with Bruce- I think we may be distant relatives. I am a great great granddaughter of Tommy Taylor of Ambleside, I actually have the fell running ring on at the moment with his race time of the 1899 race engraved. 14mins 25 seconds! I can barely get out of the house in that time! Thanks so much, I’ve really enjoyed reading all these posts! Fran x

Amazing!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
    Hi there, I would love to connect with Bruce- I think we may be distant relatives. I am a great great granddaughter of Tommy Taylor of Ambleside, I actually have the fell running ring on at the moment with his race time of the 1899 race engraved. 14mins 25 seconds! I can barely get out of the house in that time! Thanks so much, I’ve really enjoyed reading all these posts! Fran x
    Hey there Francesca. This is awesome!