Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walsh Factory Shop

Master and MR

Re: Walsh Factory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    Sorry I mean they seem wider so I can't get the laces tight.

One thing with Inov8s they will give you a new pair as they are guaranteed for 12months!
    yeah id agree with the wider fitting hopey. Didnt realise about the 12month warranty on the 270s.

It makes you wonder why walsh have discontnued the original PBs. There has to be a genuine reason for it , cant see it being cost though???. Why would they not make them anymore
    strange

One thing with Inov8s they will give you a new pair as they are guaranteed for 12months!
    You sure about that. I've had 1 pair of roclites and 3 or 4 pairs of terroc soles fail within 300 or so miles, and only one pair got replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    You sure about that. I've had 1 pair of roclites and 3 or 4 pairs of terroc soles fail within 300 or so miles, and only one pair got replaced.
    All Inov8s are guaranteed for 12 months!!

http://www.inov-8.com/Aftersales.asp?L=26

Guarantee
    We combine premium quality materials with a highly skilled manufacturing process, however should any of our products develop a manufacturing or material fault within one year, we will either replace or repair the product. This guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse or accidental damage and is conditional upon care instructions being followed. To make a claim please return the product to your retailer for inspection with proof of purchase. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    yeah id agree with the wider fitting hopey. Didnt realise about the 12month warranty on the 270s.

It makes you wonder why walsh have discontnued the original PBs. There has to be a genuine reason for it , cant see it being cost though???. Why would they not make them anymore
    strange
    I asked walsh about it and they said it was just the uppers they had changed and that they were built on the same last, they said if enough people wanted the old PBs then they would look into it.

This guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse or accidental damage and is conditional upon care instructions being followed.
    Yeah this is there get out clause. All my terrocs have snapped in exactly the same place, where the plastic 'bone' in the sole ends near the ball of the foot.Yet supposedly this wasn't a fault, but was how I run, yet a mate who works in an inov8 selling shop says almost all terrocs brought back show sole failure at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Yeah this is there get out clause. All my terrocs have snapped in exactly the same place, where the plastic 'bone' in the sole ends near the ball of the foot.Yet supposedly this wasn't a fault, but was how I run, yet a mate who works in an inov8 selling shop says almost all terrocs brought back show sole failure at that point.
    I've taken mudclaw 270's back to sweatshop and he just gave me a new pair, no problems.

I have a pair of flyrocs that have gone there, but I've had them for 18months and just for walking.

Have you contacted Inov8 direct? They are pretty good at sorting things out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post

Are there any in Leeds/B'ford/Sheffield?

Any feedback on the Gladiator shoe v a Walsh?
    Sportshoes (Bfd) have a great range of fell shoes. I got some 320 roclites for £45 after discount. Price on the box was £52 reduced from £60.

Yeah, had quite a few chats with Wayne about this. At first they replaced them, but since then that's stopped happening. I've since bought a pair of terrocs after not wearing them for a year or so, and will see how they last, maybe things have changed. Thing is I love terrocs as an all round shoe for general running around snowdonia on mountain trails, hard underfoot and rocky the roclites and terrocs are often comfier than a standard fell shoe on harder trails.

Had a trip to the Walsh factory shop yesterday. PB Trainers £40. PB Racer (the ones with green bits on) £30 but v limited sizes. PB Xtreme £40, but again, not many sizes. Lots of Xtreme boots, £30. The fit seems normal, just some carelessness with the glue. Big boxful of bright red and white trainers, £10 a pair. I saved a bit on some assorted pairs and had a nice little mystery tour around the back streets of Bolton.