Thread: USA A-ok

USA A-ok

Hi Guys
    Just a quick post lettin' y'all know how I'm gettin on in Uncle Sam's fair land.
    Had a few problems when I first arrived at MIA, had to pay a few officials off but its sorted now, you'll be pleased to know I've kept up my running and have joined a running club 'The Miami Beach Boys' so thats kept me busy. I am also tryin to get my products off the ground.

cheers
    Bob

thats good then #bob#

Re: USA A-ok

Does anyone know if fellrunning even exists in America? Do they call it 'Mountain Running' or simply 'Running' given the obvious disadvantage of having no fells, or does it just simply not exist?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Does anyone know if fellrunning even exists in America? Do they call it 'Mountain Running' or simply 'Running' given the obvious disadvantage of having no fells, or does it just simply not exist?
    I thought they all just ate food in large portions and got fat?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Can find out here Mr B: http://www.trailrunner.com/ - "Our mission: To represent and promote trail and mountain running"

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Can find out here Mr B: http://www.trailrunner.com/ - "Our mission: To represent and promote trail and mountain running"
    They don't seem to classify their races like us, i can't find an ascent figure only distance and terrain type. There was one with glacier in the title which looked interesting.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Eh up ¤bob¤!

Hope i've managed to spell your name correctly. Hows that gash on yer knee doin? You'll be pleased to know that we had sprouts from the allotment for crimbo dinner. Just starting to plan what we're going to grow for next year. Was thinking somes marrows, what do you reckon?

Areet

FM

Where are you Bob? I'm up in NJ, but south NJ, just outside of Philly...

I saw a great poster of a flag at the weekend, the US flag with 'This flag has earned the right to be the most respected national emblem in the world.. and it is!"

They do like to be in your face..

The mountain races are a pain in the arse to find.. loads of searching but the main races are out west.

re the large food portions. I've finally worked out its the US thing to box left overs, in the UK we take it as a slight to walk away from a plate not scraped clean...

Quote Originally Posted by #bob# View Post
    Hi Guys
    Just a quick post lettin' y'all know how I'm gettin on in Uncle Sam's fair land.
    Had a few problems when I first arrived at MIA, had to pay a few officials off but its sorted now, you'll be pleased to know I've kept up my running and have joined a running club 'The Miami Beach Boys' so thats kept me busy. I am also tryin to get my products off the ground.

cheers
    Bob
    Suppose it's a long shot Bob but are the Miami Beach Boys still going? We are in South Beach in July and I could be up for meeting up for a run