Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Students

Students

Am i the only one on here that hates f**king students. Here in Lancaster we have just survived freshers week with groups of up to fifty pissed up kids staggering from pub to pub.

They get student discount in local butchers, supermarkets, hairdressers, pizza places, football clubs, clothes shops, etc while those of us who have lived and worked in Lancaster all our lives have to pay full whack.

I cant help but think that a large number of them are just at University so they can put of the day when they actually have to start working for a living.

Re: Students

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post

I cant help but think that a large number of them are just at University so they can put of the day when they actually have to start working for a living.
    Erm, I have to admit that's exactly what I did !
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

I shouldn't say it but yes I hate students too. I apply lots of stereo types to them as well.

They do make town a bit busier though if you want to go out on a week night

Quote Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
    Erm, I have to admit that's exactly what I did !
    And now that you are a teacher.....

isn't that exactly what you do......
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Joliver Jim

Students usually turn into normal people so what difference does it make?

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    And now that you are a teacher.....

isn't that exactly what you do......
    yes !
    An being a geography teacher means that I get paid to go to Iceland every year. And just this week I have had outings to Malham/Gordale and the Settle area (settlement hierarchies) with 6th form students.....

.......training day tomorrow

half term just over a week away........
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Graeme

I hated students when I was a student!

edit:There again I used to drink like a fish and i'm sure many peple use to loathed my behaviour, what's so different to a student on limited income getting off their faces compared to local kids working getting off tehir faces. Also bear in mind that a lot of the time this is the first time a lot of these people have been away from home, they will go out with people form their own social group, like locals, they're just looking for security. Be thankful the majority of them are in your town centres and for the bulk of the year away from the hills and crags, except fro October, November, like so many outdooor areas experience.
    Last edited by Graeme; 11-10-2007 at 10:03 PM.

Angry Re: Students

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Am i the only one on here that hates f**king students. Here in Lancaster we have just survived freshers week with groups of up to fifty pissed up kids staggering from pub to pub.

They get student discount in local butchers, supermarkets, hairdressers, pizza places, football clubs, clothes shops, etc while those of us who have lived and worked in Lancaster all our lives have to pay full whack.

Well I don't hate them. There are loads of drunks around most City centres, but I bet you notice them as students since they probably have different accents. Just leave them alone - One day your children may be students - just think of them in a strange town being threatened by angry locals.

They might put off working for a few years, but they'll rack up huge debts so it's not your money and they'll generally earn more money and pay more taxes too!

Wow Telly

Thats a bit of a statement for only your second post.

Respect

My second post was "can anoyone tell me which three races make up the three peaks"

Someone replied "are you for real pal"

I stayed away from the forum for a few weeks after that.

Its a confidence thing
    Last edited by NotOnUrHelly; 11-10-2007 at 11:52 PM.

Joliver Jim

A pretty good statement too.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post
    Thats a bit of a statement for only your second post Telly