Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gl3d

Master

Re: Gl3d

"It must have been very hard for those taking 12 hrs a day" - and even harder for those of us who took longer than that!

Not sure how I feel about the length. Given the number of dropouts, and the times taken by those who managed it all, it was probably a bit too long. Even just 5 miles less each day would have made a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Good to hear I wasn't the only one to do this!!
    I almost did. Was following Phil and saw him cross the road and thought what's he up to, so stopped and checked the map. I think the Harveys map was a bit misleading there as that was an actual road, not a track as marked on the map. I saw the big U shaped bend to the Left and wondered what it was, then realised. If Phil hadn't have ran across I reckon I;d have automatically just gone left. As it was the road was only 100 yards further on, but was just out of view.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    I think the Harveys map was a bit misleading there as that was an actual road, not a track as marked on the map.
    The worst thing is, I even looked at the map, noted the potential for a wrong turn, looked at the ground, and decided that I could see the marked track going left of the one I took, up to the wall. So even having warned myself not to go wrong, I still managed it. It was the end of a long 3 days