Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National 12 Stage

National 12 Stage

Predictions anybody?

That wasnt actually why I started this thread. I've just been having a spring clean and found a trophy for the Pinhaw Moor Fell Race which is held in May in Earby. Oxo won it last year (may even have been two years ago - if so, naughty boy!)

Anybody going to be at the National 12 Stage AND this years Pinhaw Moor race? Somehow Oxo needs to return it to the organiser, he will be working at Sutton Park at the relays and potentially could be a way to return it.

Thanks

Re: National 12 Stage

complaints about being sent on the wrong route?

Will salford be there?
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    Will salford be there?
    I hope so. Their disqualification at Catterick was unfortunate and the National would be able to accommodate them if they got a wild card.
    "I’m only smiling because I don’t know what’s going on."

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    Will salford be there?
    NoEAA seem to have it in for us. Only 18 teams have accepted their invite from the Northern Road Relays. I did hear that the man who marked that silly course at Blackpool I once did in Stanley Park is on the NoEAA jobs worth team.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

I know Bingley and us are out due to PPP commitments, but I know also that someone has aluded to the cost of £75.
    It's quite expensive.

The disqualifications at Catterick were a farce - when you see the officials setting up the start/finish area 5 minutes before the start time, I think you can expect problems.

Salford should be in for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    NoEAA seem to have it in for us. Only 18 teams have accepted their invite from the Northern Road Relays. I did hear that the man who marked that silly course at Blackpool I once did in Stanley Park is on the NoEAA jobs worth team.
    Andi,

I think you might be confusing your jobsworths. "The man who marked that silly course at Blackpool" is, I believe, no longer connected with Northern Athletics. The ARC is a possibilty though.

If I read in AW that the National 12-stage is under-supported, I will be tempted to ask why Salford weren't invited.
    "I’m only smiling because I don’t know what’s going on."

If Bingley and some others from the North can't make the National, then Salford should get a 'wildcard' to 'replace' them - can't think of any other (Northern) club who would object - even had their disqualified runner at Catterick done the full short leg, they would still have quite easily qualified!
    You'll never Walk Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by NotIntaFells View Post
    If Bingley and some others from the North can't make the National, then Salford should get a 'wildcard' to 'replace' them - can't think of any other (Northern) club who would object - even had their disqualified runner at Catterick done the full short leg, they would still have quite easily qualified!
    Well said Nick, I would fully support this

As 'other clubs' have previously been given wild cards having blatently disregarded the rules in the area champs, I don't see why clubs such as Salford should be penalized for a genuine mixup. The national 12 stage is under-supported as it is, why take out one of the main top 10 contenders?