Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wincle Trout

Wincle Trout Run Sat 2 June

This popular 9K fell race in fantatsic Peak District scenery takes pace next weekend in conjunction with Wincle Fete. Every (senior) runner gets a trout as a prize. There is also a 3K junior race for 10-15 year olds.
    The senior race is filling up fast this year with only 52 places left as of 26 May (race limit this year of 300).
    For more information and entry form, see www.wincle.org.uk.

Re: Wincle Trout Run Sat 2 Jun

I'm number 156. See you all there!

Crossing the river in last year's race:

Colin1.jpg

Any tips on route - first time i will have done this race

Wink Re: Wincle Trout Run Sat 2 Jun

I can email you a route map if you like. Be prepared to get your feet wet in the river and marshy areas, and there are a a couple of tough hills. Wonderful scenery to enyoy.

Just to let you know that as of this morning, the Wincle Trout Run Fell Race - taking place this Saturday 2 June - is now fully subscribed.
    Whilst there may be the odd place available on the day through no-shows we would urge runners not to turn up specifically for the race as they are very likely to be disappointed.

If they wish to come to enjoy the fete and view the many scarecrows dotted around the village, they would be very welcome, of course.

There are still plenty of places left in the junior race (for 10-15 year olds) and there will be various races for the under 10s at the fete.

We are naturally very pleased the Trout Race has proved popular again. We don't like turning people away - but 300 runners are as much as the course and organisation can reasonably cope with. We want the runners to have a good time.

We would be grateful if you could pass this information on to anyone you know who is intending to race but has not yet entered.

Many thanks for your support.

Alan Weeks
    Trout Run Organiser
    Wincle

Looking forward to this. Forecast is warm and sunny so we'll be able to cool off crossing the river!
    Who else is going?

Just seen an email from Trout. The race is full. The only places available will be from 2.30pm if there are no-shows. There are still places in the junior races. I'm looking forward to my evening meal tomorrow - fresh trout! Absolutely fantastic last year and even I managed to cook it!

A great race won by Simon Bailey. The river was a bit high but manageable.
    I think I finished 104th out of 300 which is far better than I normally do.
    But the best thing was the trout - just eaten it, fantastic!
    Thanks to Trout (Alan Weeks) and all his helpers.

Great race first time i have done it and i will be back - the family enjoyed it too. Is there any other similar events in the same area that would be a great day out for the whole family and include a fell race?

Quote Originally Posted by woody3 View Post
    Great race first time i have done it and i will be back - the family enjoyed it too. Is there any other similar events in the same area that would be a great day out for the whole family and include a fell race?
    Yes, but unfortunately it was the weekend before - Shutlingsloe fell race (2 miles, 900 feet). It's at Wildboarclough fete, which is a bit smaller than Wincle but has the usual attractions (coconut shy, sheep shearing etc.)