Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wincle Trout

Wincle Trout

hello, does anyone have a route for this race? not done it before and a little nervous. are shorter races much faster paced? cheers

Re: Wincle Trout

Hi Cheese

This is Mrs Fell Top Teddy. Myself and Mr did this last year. I tend to be at the back but its not particularly tough and I was nowhere near last. I don't recall the pace being any faster than normal!! Its a great race, beautiful scenery plus nice pub at the end, fete, trout etc.

thanks for the info, that's just what i wanted to hear. already looking forward to the trout!

Did this last year and was a really enjoyable race with a very good turnout. It was in a lovely seeting I had hoped to do it again but have entered the Garburn Trail Race the same day. The Wincle trout race is a week earlier this year I think. Its well worth doing.

The route will be a bit different this year as it is starting from a different farm.
    The start and finish loop will be new and will not involve passing through the Trout Farm.

think i am going to do this one

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    The route will be a bit different this year as it is starting from a different farm.
    The start and finish loop will be new and will not involve passing through the Trout Farm.
    I thought that was one of the fun bits to this race last year when everyone took off down path through the trout farm and hit that boggy field at the end. Remember many people lost shoes within the first half mile as they sank knee deep in that muddy field. Was great fun. Tracey has tried to persuade me to do this instead of Garburn Trail race the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    Did this last year and was a really enjoyable race with a very good turnout. It was in a lovely setting I had hoped to do it again but have entered the Garburn Trail Race the same day. The Wincle trout race is a week earlier this year I think. Its well worth doing.
    The rule which determines the date of the Wincle Fete and Trout Run is that it is held on the Saturday after the May Bank Holiday Monday (which can be any day between the 25th and 31st of May). So whilst the Trout Run is most often on the first Saturday in June, it can also be the last one in May. In 2009 it will be on Saturday 30 May - so put it in your diary now.

NB. 244 entries already received as of 30 April (cf 100 this time last year). Race limit 300. So if you want to run, send your form in very soon.

PS Will have a proper, revised route map available soon.

Registered for this one, and my thirteen year old lad is doing his first race.

How old does that make me!!??

Anyone else got their young 'uns in the junior race?

Should be a good day... was last time I did it.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post

NB. 244 entries already received as of 30 April (cf 100 this time last year). Race limit 300. So if you want to run, send your form in very soon.
    Ooo glad I saw this - wonder if I am too late??