Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wincle Trout

Re: Wincle Trout

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    Ooo glad I saw this - wonder if I am too late??
    OneHill Its a cracking race in a great setting well worth doing. Disappointed not to be doing it this year due to Garburn Race. Will be back for it in 2009.

Entry going off tomorrow

Shame you can't make it this year Pinno - maybe see you there next year

Entry going off tomorrow

Shame you can't make it this year Pinno - maybe see you there next year
    We had a great day out at Wincle last year. Lovely sunny day, nice couple of pubs near the race start. They have a great Sacrecrow competition amongst may other things. Had a few people trying to persuade me to change instead of doing Garburn. You will love it will defo be there next year.

A hell of a lot of people turned up to enter on the day and I think got turned away?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    We had a great day out at Wincle last year. Lovely sunny day, nice couple of pubs near the race start. They have a great Scarecrow competition amongst may other things. Had a few people trying to persuade me to change instead of doing Garburn. You will love it will defo be there next year.

A hell of a lot of people turned up to enter on the day and I think got turned away?
    Glad you enjoyed it last year. We've put in an order for sunny weather again this year but not been given a delivery date as yet. Scarecrow making is in progress again.

We managed to let in around 20 runners people on the day last year on a stand-by basis, by replacing no-shows. We could have let in a few more as we had around 10% who didn't turn up. I don't think we actually turned anyone away. Anyone who asked was put on the stand-by list - but some didn't come back to collect a number. We're planning to operate the stand-by scheme again this year. No guarantees of course, just turn up early to be on the list (from 12.30-ish). You're sure to enjoy the fete anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it last year. We've put in an order for sunny weather again this year but not been given a delivery date as yet.
    We don't want it toooo hot mind

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    hello, does anyone have a route for this race? not done it before and a little nervous. are shorter races much faster paced? cheers
    Route map available now - email [email protected] for a copy.

Thumbs up Re: Wincle Trout

Entry going off tomorrow

Got your entry thanks, and hopefully you've seen your entry confirmation by now.

The Wincle Trout Run is now full. We have reached our race limit of 300 today. Many thanks for everyone's interest.

We are putting the entries that are still coming in on a waiting list (we've had one cancellation already) and will try to replace no-shows on the day (last year we allowed 24 people in on the day, and had 35 no-shows).

just thought i'd bring this back to the top......not long to go. i'm really looking forward to this one. i like the idea of the fete, oh and the trout of course!

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    just thought i'd bring this back to the top......not long to go. i'm really looking forward to this one. i like the idea of the fete, oh and the trout of course!
    The trout is always very good. Pity I am too late to enter this year.
    A prior engagement has been cancelled so I could have run after all!