Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wincle Trout

Re: Wincle Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    The trout is always very good. Pity I am too late to enter this year.
    A prior engagement has been cancelled so I could have run after all!
    What a shame Swoop. One of the best from last year in my opinion I will be back for it next year.

Just to say we have a 30 long waiting list of people whose entries arrived after the run was fully subscribed, plus a number of calls and emails from others who plan to turn up anyway in the hope of getting the place of someone who fails to turn up. Those on the waiting list will get priority (as long as they make themselves know to us by 2pm) over those that turn up on the day.
    We hope we won't have to disappoint too many people.
    Fingers crossed for reasonable weather. The river crossing was still fine yesterday and no trees had fallen over the route in the strong winds we had.

lots of rain in the last day or so

I am going to be last in this race but that is better than bottling out... isn't it?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    lots of rain in the last day or so
    I've just been for a little jog round some of the course and it's not too muddy (just nice and cushioned). However, I'm sure the bit down from hanging stone to the woods near Danebridge will be very soggy as always.

Hi Noel

I'm doing this tomorrow - looking forward to it! Do you think its fell or trail shoes?

Cheers

Hi,
    Is anyone doing this race from the Bury area? I won the race last year and need to return the trophy. I had planned to race it again this year but unfortunately, due to a close bereavement, I didn't get my entry in in time and the race is now full.
    It's an hours journey to get there, so I had asked if I could race, but have been told no. It's therefore a long way to travel to just hand back a trophy! I have asked around but no one at my club is racing.
    Thanks
    If you can you should

Quote Originally Posted by Tufty View Post
    Hi Noel

I'm doing this tomorrow - looking forward to it! Do you think its fell or trail shoes?

Cheers
    That's a hard question, dependent on your normal preference. I think there will only be a 400 yard section where you'll really need fell shoes (descending from Hanging Stone and the field after it). I'm wearing trail shoes but then I always do. On the flipped side, none of it will be so hard that you'd need trail shoes and not fell shoes.

Thanks for that

What a great race

Thanks to all involved and thanks to the nice man who told the marshall I had fallen over and might need a plaster (or something).

Pooped now.

second that! very scenic route with a bit more hill than i was expecting. great tasting trout as well. thanks for a great day that my no running friends and family also enjoyed.