Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persecution of Wildlife and Wh

Persecution of Wildlife and Wh

Just picked this up off the Dark Peak site. Well worth the read esp if you live locally

What we can do

Re: Persecution of Wildlife an

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Just picked this up off the Dark Peak site. Well worth the read esp if you live locally

What we can do
    Had a look at the link anfd passed it to a friend who knows about this sort of thing. His comment was that actually "Recklessly disturbing Schedule 1 birds is now an offence. The disturbance doesn't have to be intentional ( it's a lawyer thing! )". So the protection is even wider. Let's hope it make a difference!

Hey, maybe this is a reason to take your mobile phone out on a run!

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar

So does that means we can be prosecuted if we unintentionally run near a protected species and it takes flight? - sounds like a crap law thing to me!

As a climber I've always respected agreed restrictions on certain cliffs during the breeeding season, but how can I ensure I don't fall foul of this law - by running only on a treadmill?

Don't foul the fowls, you mean?
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

Quote Originally Posted by Don't fear the sweeper View Post
    So does that means we can be prosecuted if we unintentionally run near a protected species and it takes flight? - sounds like a crap law thing to me!

As a climber I've always respected agreed restrictions on certain cliffs during the breeeding season, but how can I ensure I don't fall foul of this law - by running only on a treadmill?
    ''In law a reckless act is one which you know is likely to do harm but you go ahead and do it anyway. In law there would be a clear difference between running near a bird and accidentally disturbing it and running at a bird knowing that you would disturb it and not caring about the consequences.''

So, there should be no fowl play then?!

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar

Great, I can get off the treadmill and run outdoors again, in time for the Caw race on Wednesday. Thanks Simon. By the way, I doubt whether you'd disturb many birds, dressed up like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Don't fear the sweeper View Post
    Great, I can get off the treadmill and run outdoors again, in time for the Caw race on Wednesday. Thanks Simon. By the way, I doubt whether you'd disturb many birds, dressed up like that!
    Stealth, that's the key. With the wind in your face they çan't tell you are there at all

Master and MR

luvshack has posted on the pennine site that the gamekeepers and various people have asked us to respect certain areas of the fell during nesting season , which we will.
    So anyone heading out for a run around hayfield just have a look and bear this in mind.

I've always struggled with the argument that seems to say that it's OK to persecute, maim, trap, torment and/or kill members of the crow family.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge the Elf View Post
    I've always struggled with the argument that seems to say that it's OK to persecute, maim, trap, torment and/or kill members of the crow family.
    Its because thay are pure evil

It is odd though - corvids are one of the most opportunistic and intelligent groups of animals, like ourselves I suppose. Prehaps it is our own self loathing that leads us to persecute them......... Hmmmm time for a coffee - I got up too early this morning.