Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Graham 2007

Wink Bob Graham 2007

Hi there,

I'm looking to do my Bob Graham on the weekend of saturday/sunday 19/20 may this year. i've got a fair amount of support, but a litle extra is always helpful. Let me know if you're interested. If the weather is foul I'll be looking to do it the weekend after 26/27 May. It's not a full moon which could be prob, but earlier in the year should mean little bracken and cooler weather - fingers crossed!
    Cheers,

The Hobbit botherer

Im looking to get involved in helping with Bob Grahams, Im planning on a 2008 attempt using this year to assist and gain knowledge.

I have yet to help on a bob graham so I would be happy for some beginners experience, lugging drinks/food or carrying kit, manning a rest station or driving duties. Nothing to pressured like Nav (just yet).

Cheers
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit botherer View Post
    Hi there,

I'm looking to do my Bob Graham on the weekend of saturday/sunday 19/20 may this year. i've got a fair amount of support, but a litle extra is always helpful. Let me know if you're interested. If the weather is foul I'll be looking to do it the weekend after 26/27 May. It's not a full moon which could be prob, but earlier in the year should mean little bracken and cooler weather - fingers crossed!
    Cheers,

The Hobbit botherer
    I'd like to help but I'm busy that weekend helping an ambleside owl

Bill

I'm doing my round on June 30th, but am planning to do a 2 day round as training/recceing that (first) weekend. I;d be happy to act as packhorse on one leg if you need some help. I'll be doing Jura so i can;t make your second weekend.

When are you starting, what way round are you going and what time are you aiming for?

i shall have a look at this closer to the time.. may be able to help not sure yet.. all the best with the presp though

Change of date...

Thanks folks,

Bill it's not an issue now. I've had to change the dates to meet with another guy who is attempting the BG(he has his own army of pacers plus the gentleman's aggreement of splitting up along the route if need be). I'm now setting off at midnight of saturday 26th may and finishing around sunday 27th. This pokes the 3 county tops in the eye, but I am keen for a May date.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit botherer View Post
    Thanks folks,

Bill it's not an issue now. I've had to change the dates to meet with another guy who is attempting the BG(he has his own army of pacers plus the gentleman's aggreement of splitting up along the route if need be). I'm now setting off at midnight of saturday 26th may and finishing around sunday 27th. This pokes the 3 county tops in the eye, but I am keen for a May date.
    Cheers.
    Hi hobbit botherer I take it you aren't the person I'm pacing on the 19th??
    Put me down for a leg, which way round are you going?

Bill

Baggins - i could be wrong (!), but i think the hobbit botherer just didn't read your first post properly & is indeed said ambleside owl who's now changed the date for the BG attempt... (t'is what you get for using silly names... )

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Britta View Post
    Baggins - i could be wrong (!), but i think the hobbit botherer just didn't read your first post properly & is indeed said ambleside owl who's now changed the date for the BG attempt... (t'is what you get for using silly names... )
    I thought so Britta

I don't know, these people who use silly names tut tut.

Bill

How! How man! Ye lot! Hobbins, Britta, Baggins! What gives?

I'm a fully paid up member of aforementioned Lake District club for 2006.

Can someone p.m. who's doing what and when. I'd like to trot around handing out jelly babies and flappy jackie to BG enthusiasts, perhaps reciting them with some encouraging poetry...

(P.S. Is one of these a psyeudonym for Dux de Lux or Fleetwood Mac, don't know if they rejoined after the website nuclear fallout...)