Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asics wearer seeks fell shoe

Post Re: Asics wearer seeks fell sh

This is proving to be a real help...... I'd be a 6.5 in inov8. And Pete Bland Sports have just recommended the mudclaw or mudroc. Mudroc would be my first choice to try. I too had Salomon a couple of years ago, but that was round the time of my IT knee probs, so i'm a tad wary to go back there again, although they were dead comfy... it could've been my road shoe, who knows. I'm not sure chopping and changing shoes all the time does much good. I tend to do that alot as I vary where I train/race.

Re: Asics wearer seeks fell sh

Hi LH, I have just ordered the last pair of these from The Climbers Shop in Ambleside. A bargain at £40.
    http://www.climbers-shop.com/detail....ign=PriceComp1http://<br /> <br /> They are also...udroc_290.html
    Last edited by Mountain Goatess; 30-04-2008 at 11:56 AM.

all I'd say about Inov-8s is some people don't get on with them, especially around the heel area. so if possible I'd advise you to try a few pairs on before buying. once you know what model you like and what size you are I'd then root around for deals but unless you're lucky ordering your first pair over the web may involve sending em back which is a pain!!

Yeah I do realise I may have to send them back, but it's free delivery and a bargain price so I'll give them a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    all I'd say about Inov-8s is some people don't get on with them, especially around the heel area. so if possible I'd advise you to try a few pairs on before buying.
    Bit of a plug, my wife has some 290's that destroyed her heal. Common problem for some people
    She has terroc's & Saloman's that are fine so the Mudroc's are going very cheap.
    Size 7 hardly worn....

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    all I'd say about Inov-8s is some people don't get on with them, especially around the heel area. so if possible I'd advise you to try a few pairs on before buying. once you know what model you like and what size you are I'd then root around for deals but unless you're lucky ordering your first pair over the web may involve sending em back which is a pain!!
    I won't even get to try them on as I've just had an email saying my order is cancelled as they are out of stock!!

Post Re: Asics wearer seeks fell sh

Dan Azz, do you think you wife's ok with the terroc and not mudroc cos the terroc have more cushioning?? See that's what worries me about coming into a fell shoe. It's all very well to buy something with shed loads of grip but if it knackers your joint cos you're not used to it and can't handle it then you're well and truly buggered. I tried on the ADIDAS SWOOP today and they are really comfy, heard they're not too good on wet rock tho. So I STILL can't decide The saga continues.......

Leith it totally depends on what you're going to use the shoes for. if you'll be mainly running on open fells/moorland you don't need cushioning as the ground is the cushioning, you need to be able to 'feel' the ground under your feet. If however you'll be running more on hard packed trails/rocky ground you may want more cushioning. the answer is to get a good pair of low profile trail shoes and a pair of grippy fell shoes. I've got 3 different pairs, which may seem a lot to some but they all get used loads and running in different pairs in my opinion helps prevent overuse injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Hill lady View Post
    Dan Azz, do you think you wife's ok with the terroc and not mudroc cos the terroc have more cushioning?? See that's what worries me about coming into a fell shoe. It's all very well to buy something with shed loads of grip but if it knackers your joint cos you're not used to it and can't handle it then you're well and truly buggered..
    She doesn't seem to feel that there is that much more cushioning in the Mudroc's.
    The problem is the heal cup, it rubs, some people just don't seem to fit Mudroc's. The grip on them is better than Salomans or the terroc's.

I agree with Bladerunner, it depends on what you are running on, me knees are knackered from running in the wrong shoes (on road) and motor bike accidents but I can run in 330's or Walsh PB's as long as the ground isn't hard, if it is, I use Flyroc's which have a bit more cushioning.