Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's eating

Sunday night in Keswick I had Mongolian style Lamb fillet. Absolutely fantastic. And plentiful, with tonnes of Rice, much needed after the Mountain Trial.

This was Golden Hills Chinese Restaurant by the way...

Banned
    Fruit for dinner.
    Chicken salad for tea.

My change in eating habits continues.

I'm quite a fan of hotter foods, and the MD at my work is a beast for it...

Today he bought in a small bottle of Chilli Sauce titled "Fire Foods... Blow Your Cock Off"

I had a couple of tiny spoonfuls on my rice, it tasted quite good in my mouth... however within 5 minutes my stomach felt like it was going to explode, and I didn't know whether I was going to chuck up or crap myself. At least 20 minutes then spent in the toilet, contemplating my future... looks like i'm going to live through it, but it's put me off chilli for a day or two...

I like hotter foods too, but for taste not punishment!

I remember a guy in a cocktail bar once who was bigging himself up on how much chilli he could handle, the bartender said, I will make you a drink with just 2 drops of this chilli sauce in it, if you can keep it down it's on me! This guy jumped at the chance, necked the drink, seemed fine, but then... despite being asian and quiet dark skinned, literally turned green and ran to the toilet - we didn't see him for half an hour and only got vague grunts when we went to see if he was okay! He was very ill! When he re-emerged he took it all in good spirit and he was fine!

I have no idea what the chilli sauce was... but beware chilli challenges from cocktail bar staff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'm quite a fan of hotter foods, and the MD at my work is a beast for it...

Today he bought in a small bottle of Chilli Sauce titled "Fire Foods... Blow Your Cock Off"

I had a couple of tiny spoonfuls on my rice, it tasted quite good in my mouth... however within 5 minutes my stomach felt like it was going to explode, and I didn't know whether I was going to chuck up or crap myself. At least 20 minutes then spent in the toilet, contemplating my future... looks like i'm going to live through it, but it's put me off chilli for a day or two...
    Ha thanks for that, I just spat my Earl Grey all over the desk I can never get my head around this liking for super hot food I made a stir fry the other night which required Chilli flakes, I think by mutual agreement Mrs DTR and me put about 6 flakes in, she still reckoned it had a kick

My MD neglected to mention that when he tried it the other day it made him spew violently and had him bed-ridden for a few hours... meanwhile i'm back at my desk happily working...

So, what plans do you have for revenge?

I think I have some borax somewhere!

From wikipedia:

" Ingestion may cause gastrointestinal distress including nausea, persistent vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Effects on the vascular system and human brain include headaches and lethargy, but are less frequent. "In severe poisonings, a beefy red skin rash affecting palms, soles, buttocks and scrotum has been described."

Sounds perfect!!

God I hope everyone knows I was joking, I have a dark sense of humour sometimes!! Pleas res assured that I would never actually do anything like this

Todays eating: Monkey Nuts!!

The Coop has a line of foods in from Cypressa, all bloomin good stuff as far as I can work out, the nuts are super fresh, the stuffed vine leaves are great, roasted and salted sunflower seeds are delicious... but the crown goes to the monkey nuts - cor, takes me back a bit, haven't had them for years - good eating and good fun!!

A meal fit for a king today.... half a chopped up swede, mixed up with paprika, cheese, obliterated in the microwave, and topped with brown sauce... accompanied by a Scotch Pie from the superb award winning butchers we have in Cov...

Also stocked up on a couple of Blazing Inferno Sausage Rolls whilst there...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    A meal fit for a king today.... half a chopped up swede, mixed up with paprika, cheese, obliterated in the microwave, and topped with brown sauce... accompanied by a Scotch Pie from the superb award winning butchers we have in Cov...

Also stocked up on a couple of Blazing Inferno Sausage Rolls whilst there...
    Perhaps the pie tastes so good Travs because the beef cattle are fed on local Ricoh grass as the Sky Blues now don’t run around on it to keep it down!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog