Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's eating

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Tarte au Citron. A lockdown baking triumph, bloody lovely. A bit complicated, but worth it. Following a recipe from last Saturdays Gruniad cooking section.
    I was looking at that - I can still remember the first decent tarte au citron I had - nice to have a recommendation - it will be my partner making it though.

Don't bother trying to cook roast Pheasant, it's garbage. Just get a chicken.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I was looking at that - I can still remember the first decent tarte au citron I had - nice to have a recommendation - it will be my partner making it though.
    Powered me well round Ilkley Moor this morning!

Master
    This recipe uses butter in the filling - Raymond Blanc uses double cream - he is also more specific about the actual amount of lemon juice - hmmmm ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    This recipe uses butter in the filling - Raymond Blanc uses double cream - he is also more specific about the actual amount of lemon juice - hmmmm ....
    A bake off and blind tasting when this Covid shit is over?

Our monthly takeaway Sunday lunch from the Lathkil Hotel today. Roast pork with perfect crackling. Delicious.

However there was a bonus. When I dropped my neighbours Sunday Times off this morning, yes I've become a lockdown paperboy, she says " I opened a nice bottle of red wine last night and only had a small glass but am going to Whitby later and was going to throw it away. Would you like it?" (She cares for her mother on a rota basis with her sister).

I'm not a wine drinker but my wife likes a glass so I took it.

After my run the lunch arrived and we both had a glass. Even I thought it was quite nice. After lunch my wife asked me to find out on google where we could get a bottle of the wine from as she really enjoyed it.

The cheapest place I could find, where it was on offer, was £76 a bottle. I nearly fell off my stool.

I've never knowingly drunk anything as expensive in my life, but I'm sure there are some forumites for whom this type of quaffing is a regular occurrence, especially Bianchi riders
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    A bake off and blind tasting when this Covid shit is over?
    Rhubarb ginger and custard tart - made by my partner - yummy! The custard did not quite set in the centre, but it was still delicious.

The last Chelsea Bun of the half dozen I bought from the Talerddig Bakery shop in Llani at the weekend.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    The last Chelsea Bun of the half dozen I bought from the Talerddig Bakery shop in Llani at the weekend.
    Where do they bake now the bakery in Talerddig is closed? Nice local bakery.Spent a week in Llan last week and enjoyed watching the Clywedog Ospreys as well as walking in thw Berwyns and on the beaches. Nice area

I remember the old Talerddig bakery, at one time virtually all you could buy in the area. I'm almost nostalgic for a slice of bread.