Thread: Recce something?

Recce something?

Right I have a free weekend as the wife goes off into the Lakes on a hen do on weekend of 10th May. I want to make the most of this.

I was going to do the Fellsman but lack of training and injury has put an end to that stupid idea.

So I need another stupid idea?

Only condition is it has to be long days and easy to get there by public transport or be able to take me from Leeds?

Is there any takers for a weekend out or any suggestion?

Re: Recce something?

Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    Right I have a free weekend as the wife goes off into the Lakes on a hen do on weekend of 10th May. I want to make the most of this.

I was going to do the Fellsman but lack of training and injury has put an end to that stupid idea.

So I need another stupid idea?

Only condition is it has to be long days and easy to get there by public transport or be able to take me from Leeds?

Is there any takers for a weekend out or any suggestion?
    AJF in the last month I've raced four weekends out of five and may have 'stretched things a bit' with the other half . I also want to do the Fairfield Horseshoe and, all being well, the Duddon Valley in May. Therefore I don't think I can commit to anything on 10th May (although I will I'm sure do a run of some sorts on the day).

If I am doing Duddon by the way and you are too, we could probably car share for a chunk of the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    AJF in the last month I've raced four weekends out of five and may have 'stretched things a bit' with the other half . I also want to do the Fairfield Horseshoe and, all being well, the Duddon Valley in May. Therefore I don't think I can commit to anything on 10th May (although I will I'm sure do a run of some sorts on the day).

If I am doing Duddon by the way and you are too, we could probably car share for a chunk of the journey.
    Cool! Will get in touch re: Duddon a bit closer but consider that done if you are going! I can pick you up from Settle.

Was thinking of two days back to back ideally? Maybe getting GR for a previous OMM Howgills then going up there for the weekend OR looking at recce's of some of the AL lakeland races again back to back SLOWLY!!! With a camp inbetween. Maybe a superlong and a long?

These are the kind of ideas I am looking at as I feel a free pass all weekend is too good an opportunity to miss.

AJF: see my thread in the other section "Low Key BGR in Next Two Weeks" (http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?t=4293). Fancy it? (I could get you to/from Leeds).

I saw it, and kept coming back to it with the thought of replying but I really do not think my legs will get through a BG no matter how long it takes.

Even thought of two days and that makes it more stomachable with 35 miles a day with a camp in the middle but it may still be a bit long for me at present.

Lets have a chat about what you are wanting from the weekend. Probably best way? I have pm'ed you