Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Utmb

Re: Utmb 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Mor Pheen View Post
    Guess there entries could be guarenteed for next year?
    Sounds nice, but then nobody else could get in if they all ran?

Quote Originally Posted by Mor Pheen View Post
    Yeah terrible news. Gutted for those running this year. Guess there entries could be guarenteed for next year?
    Which might well scupper my plans to enter next year. :-(

Not that I begrudge those affected getting preferential treatment, it just potentially messes with my plans.

Quote Originally Posted by runningfool View Post
    Which might well scupper my plans to enter next year. :-(

Not that I begrudge those affected getting preferential treatment, it just potentially messes with my plans.
    Nightmare. Awful position for the RO's, but if very understandable, if one area has gone they'll just want people off the hills ASAP. Hard one for the runners going, you invest a lot in this race, not just in the finances getting and staying there, but also in just being fit for it.

No doubt it will add to the legendary status of the event - indeed it could end up like the Lakes OMM ...... more people claimed to be there than were!

Have just got back to our digs in Chamonix having run as far as Contamines before being told of an avalanche at col de la Seigne. This comes after a change of route for one of the others races due to a glacier reservoir risk. What an event though, what we saw of it. It's all unfinished business now!

Same here. Back in Chamonix after getting stopped at St.Gervais (21 kms). My 2 friends were on their way to Les Contamines before finding out. The weather was awful with torrential rain during the morning and it resumed as soon as the race started. We were told of avalanches and landslips on the Italian side which made the route impassible. So a difficult decision for the organisers.

But conspiracy theories abound. I was sat next to a Spaniard on the coachback to Chamonix who said he had been speaking to 2 Italians, and that they had been phoned by their parenst earlier in the day that the landslip had occurred some hours before the race started, and that the organisers must have known about this, but decided to start the event knowing that they would have to abandon it.

DB

Sounds like the organisers are trying to rejig things and start the CCC at 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by runningfool View Post
    Sounds like the organisers are trying to rejig things and start the CCC at 10am.
    Not too sure what is going on. Got a text from the event organisers at 0230 saying buses out of Cham to Courmayeur for CCC, ie. for the UTMB/TDS folk. Bear in mind the TDS start was also delayed due to weather. Then got another text at 0430 saying spaces to Courmayeur limited to 1000 runners.

Certainly seems like UTMB runners are doing a new CCC - http://www.irunfar.com/2010/08/utmb-...-in-place.html