I have been quite intriuged by Yiannis's round, as I know the southern section well and sort of fancied a go sometime if ever fit enough (not a 24 hour go ). Spent Tues/Wed having a look at the section from Roman steps to Rhobell F. Ground I have never previously set foot on. I was carrying tent + everything, for the first ever time, so slow and steady was the order of the day in that heat.

The North Rhinog section is genius, all those 10 tops do link together; it took a lot of head scratching and map gazeing with my glasses on and then casting about for the paths, but I never went wrong . Fantastic section, I loved the ground.

From there on it's errr ..... harder. I took ages skirting bogs and lakes and working out the best lines (actually, any line that didn't end up waist deep in yuk), it was hard graft and I camped in the valley between Lago and Arenig Fach.

Next day was bigger climbs and more rough ground and navigation, easy to see where you're going, but how do I get there? Finished on top of Rhobell and then long road section back to car at Roman steps .

This is a fantastic round, I think you really need to be an 'all rounder' it's not simply about climbing strength, there is something of everything - the terrain really softens you up before chucking in another big ascent. Anyone attempting it needs some serious recce preparation.

I saw 2 walkers near the start, then not another human being for 2 days (other than road crossings) - some of it is a bit remote. Yiannis has put together a wonderfull hard challenge over fantastic Welsh countryside, it deserves a bit of attention, but be warned, I don't think anyone will find this easy .