Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Meirionnydd Round.

An interesting point Molehill. There's the thread about the list of those who've completed the classic big three (or national big three if you prefer). I think the successful completions are roughly 1900 for the BGR; 100 for the PBR and 70 for the CRR. Obviously the BG has been established for a lot longer but even so - there aren't 140 attempts on the PBR or CRR each year.

The CRR I can understand as it's not close to most people but the PBR is probably no further to get to or train for than the BGR. Maybe folk get the BG done and think "can I go back to short races now?" I had a go at the PBR but got nowhere.

I'm fortunate in that I live in the country so can just get out and go wherever the mood takes me (these days it's biking rather than running but the ethos is the same) but if you live in a town or city then that's not much of an option. I don't think you can mandate what people do: some (most?) will be happy to run the familiar trails or races, it will only ever be a small minority who just head out on a day long run that they've thought up the night before.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Yes, I suppose I take it for granted where I live that I can go anywhere from out the back door - been spoilt by that for 30 years. As I love "exploring" in mid Wales it has been natural for me to head off wherever the mood takes me and I have always looked upon running in the hills as an "adventure" and love looking for new routes and tracks. Unfortunately I now have a decrepit, half broken old wreck of a body way past it's best!

But I think you are right, the lure of organised races through the season are what the majority want and probably the BG is kind of on many runners bucket list, to be ticked off and then move on back to racing.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

BG: 'easiest' of the three; exclusive club membership; Cumbria is top of the list for most runners.

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    BG: 'easiest' of the three; exclusive club membership; Cumbria is top of the list for most runners.
    Can't move the round, or make it easier......Maybe we need a Yianis Tridimas 24 hour club!
    Last edited by Alan Lucker; 30-04-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lucker View Post
    Can't move the round, or make it easier......Maybe we need a Yianis Tridimas 24 hour club!
    ������

Hope to do some recces, but may be too late to do the full round this year. Is it impossible after May?

Quote Originally Posted by tomphillips View Post
    Hope to do some recces, but may be too late to do the full round this year. Is it impossible after May?
    Caz completed late May. It just makes it harder to move, and to nav some of the little tracks in some areas. Not impossible but a bit tougher as the veg grows. I suppose it all adds to the challenge though.

Master
    I recced the Arans section over to end of Cader section in late May 2013 and ground was Ok. Hit times OK too without pushing over hard but I guess the tricky section is the Migneint and Arenig in terms of trods and overall route finding?