Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Meirionnydd Round.

Re: Meirionnydd Round.

I'll be looking to do some reccing of this little route of ydt's, probably in the New Year. I'll be contacting the usual suspects but does anyone fancy some exploring? Highlights are Cader east-west, Rhinogs south-north and Arans north-south. Plus the odd boggy heathery bit . Rhinog Fach to Trawsfynnydd is likely to be first up.

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    I'll be looking to do some reccing of this little route of ydt's, probably in the New Year. I'll be contacting the usual suspects but does anyone fancy some exploring? Highlights are Cader east-west, Rhinogs south-north and Arans north-south. Plus the odd boggy heathery bit . Rhinog Fach to Trawsfynnydd is likely to be first up.
    I think Iain Ridgeway is planning some reccying. Perhaps you could join forces.
    I will scan some screenshots of the exact route and probably post them on http://yiannistridimas.tripod.com/ soon.

Yeah wouldn't mind starting to look at the round and getting to know that area. Didn't really get to see any of it this year.

I might well be interested, Rob. It's an area that I don't know at all, but am keen to explore. As you know, I've got the usual child-care considerations (Saturdays are better than Sundays), but I'd like you to keep me informed.

I'll be looking to do some reccing of this little route of ydt's, probably in the New Year. I'll be contacting the usual suspects but does anyone fancy some exploring? .
    I'll be up for supporting you when you go for the full round Rob but won't be able to make any recces, my focus is further north now
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    I'll be up for supporting you when you go for the full round Rob but won't be able to make any recces, my focus is further north now
    This sounds like a Ramsay, Baggins.
    Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    This sounds like a Ramsay, Baggins.
    Yiannis

We have four contenders so far

Won't be going up there till late October/November due to work*

Bill

*and give my legs more time to recover
    Bill

Love to come over with you Rob, fascinated by the round and had hoped to look at more of it this summer - but only just running again (since May) from injury. I know quite a few bits now, and more of where not to go .

I will be in Tasmania/NZ all Jan and Feb, but if you go out in December (I have nothing to do on christmas day ) or from March onwards, let me know.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I echo Bill. I will help you with the round. Not in a nav way though, as I dont know them hills. The Ramsey is taking my focus in terms of route finding and exploration. have fun though Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lucker View Post
    The Ramsey is taking my focus in terms of route finding and exploration. have fun though Rob.
    Thanks Alan. I trust you mean Ramsay, Ramsey is in Huntingdonshire and rather flat . As for Meiri recceing, I think I see a chink opening in the diary for weekend of Nov 1-2: will know in a few days. There is a nice newish youth hostel near Bala.

Also a Date of 9 May seems to have crept into my schedule .
    Rob
    Last edited by RobW; 08-10-2008 at 11:46 PM.