Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bike

New Bike

Time for the big beast to be traded in for a new and younger model. Off for test rides tommoz, toss up between the Aprilia Tuono and the Shiver. Brum Brum

Re: New Bike

There I was thinking this was a thread where we were going to extole the virtues of Carbon vs Titanium, Campagnolo vs Shimano, 53x39 vs a compact 50x34..... But no, it's one of those silly noisy things...

Disappointed.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    There I was thinking this was a thread where we were going to extole the virtues of Carbon vs Titanium, Campagnolo vs Shimano, 53x39 vs a compact 50x34..... But no, it's one of those silly noisy things...

Disappointed.
    i bloody googled it and yes realised its a motorbike , haha

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    But no, it's one of those silly noisy things...

Disappointed.
    Silly, noisy, FUN things Dom

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Silly, noisy, FUN things Dom
    Not if you go over the handlebars at 138mph
    Take care, my friend, see you at Fairfield
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Not if you go over the handlebars at 138mph
    Take care, my friend, see you at Fairfield
    Cheers for the concern ML, life tastes sweeter on the edge! See you Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Time for the big beast to be traded in for a new and younger model. Off for test rides tommoz, toss up between the Aprilia Tuono and the Shiver. Brum Brum
    oh to have that to worry over !!! off to work tomorow on my 25 year old honda cb 250 rs .

Quote Originally Posted by lilactime View Post
    oh to have that to worry over !!! off to work tomorow on my 25 year old honda cb 250 rs .
    I got one of those when i was 17. The old single cylinder double exhaust outlet jobbie with the little square headlight. Bloody great bike, excellent fuel consumption, remember upgrading the chain and sprockets to a more heavy duty job cos it went through the normal ones like a dose of salts, but apart from that, a bullet-proof machine. Covered thousands of miles on it, two up with camping gear, going to bike rallies, even went to the Shetland Isles on it. When i eventually got a car, my Dad bought it off me and ran it for years. Was gonna get a Super Dream, but a friend of mine, who had one said, no, get an RS, you won't be dissapionted. Think they brought out a big thumping 500cc version later. A trip down memory lane at 5 in the morning just before i ride my bike to work, bloody hell, this one's got no engine, or gears
    Hills and Guinness!

Master and MR

my dad wouldnt allow me to have one , anyway i left home and got a lovely chevanne

[QUOTE=merrylegs;129699]I got one of those when i was 17. The old single cylinder double exhaust outlet jobbie with the little square headlight. Bloody great bike, excellent fuel consumption, remember upgrading the chain and sprockets to a more heavy duty job cos it went through the normal ones like a dose of salts, but apart from that, a bullet-proof machine. Covered thousands of miles on it, two up with camping gear, going to bike rallies, even went to the Shetland Isles on it. When i eventually got a car, my Dad bought it off me and ran it for years. Was gonna get a Super Dream, but a friend of mine, who had one said, no, get an RS, you won't be dissapionted. Think they brought out a big thumping 500cc version later. A trip down memory lane at 5 in the morning just before i ride my bike to work, bloody hell, this one's got no engine, or gears[/QUOTE ]
    glad to hear it , still find a good one on ebay for £ 500 . had mine 3 years been excellent , sounds great with motad on as well ( no honda exhausts are gonna last 25 years ) . but im thinking of getting suzuki sm 400 , that would make my commute even more fun .