Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: double three peaks 31st may

double three peaks 31st may

Team pie are doing a double three peaks on the 31st May, should any forumites wish to join us please feel free - the more the merrier. We are starting at seven AM form the normal race start and are driving in from Leeds should anyone need to arrange transport!

Re: double three peaks 31st ma

Good luck Team Pie - I did a PPP PPP last year when training for the UTMB - it's not that easy I can tell you - I'd certainly had enough by the time I jogged off the 6th peak 10.5 hours after starting.

For your info I did the race route (but went up Whernside via the toursit track) then reversed the route for the second lap - just to keep things interesting.

I look forward to hearing how you get on.....

Thumbs up Re: double three peaks 31st ma

Cheers for advice mate, you not tempted to do it again??!!

I am tempted to take it on board and do second in reverse to keep it interesting! there are a few of us doing it now so should be fun.

Will let you know how we get on!

Fellhound

I've never attempted a double 3 Peaks but did a double Tour of Pendle back in '96. I went round the same way as the race to the last CP, then turned round and went back the other way (about 30 miles and 8000ft). It was definitely better retracing my steps for the second circuit - completely different in the other direction!

Good luck!!

(PS - my reason for doing a mad double was that I was training for the Manx Mountain Marathon. What's your excuse...? )

Cool Re: double three peaks 31st ma

I did the Tour of Pendle last year and it was my first ever fell race! and a toughie as i remember!

We are Bob Graham training, admittedly we not attempting til next summer but we also doing the vasque series so is just a means of getting some distance in really.

We just done the old county tops and that was a belter!! def recommend it to anyone who likes a distance challenge.

should you not call that the six peaks then?

possibly seven as we thinking of adding another pen y ghent at the end to break the fifty mile barrier.

why dont you add Gragareth after Whernside to add a bit of variety

I believe Andy Hyde of Esk Valley Fell Club has just broken the record for the double 3 peaks. He completed it yesterday in 8h43m in less than ideal conditions.
    Last edited by Quinny; 03-07-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

My friend the Punk Panther is aiming to do a triple PPP on Wednesday, but aiming for sub 24hrs.