Page 401 of 457 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4564

Thread: Today's Wildlife Encounter

Nuthatches now regulars at my seed feeder. They're fussy about their food too.

Red kite again on today's run. They had become so commonplace, it wasn't worth mentioning them. But then I haven't seen them for a few weeks. Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Red kite again on today's run. They had become so commonplace, it wasn't worth mentioning them. But then I haven't seen them for a few weeks.

Welcome back.
    That's nice. But do they read the Forum?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    That's nice. But do they read the Forum?
    There are so many pseudonyms on here, I can't rule it out. It would explain why I haven't seen them out flying for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    There are so many pseudonyms on here, I can't rule it out. It would explain why I haven't seen them out flying for a while.
    What a lovely thought. That Always Injured is out there somewhere in the great blue sky, fluttering his little wings...and squawking, squawking, squawking.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    What a lovely thought. That Always Injured is out there somewhere in the great blue sky, fluttering his little wings...and squawking, squawking, squawking.
    Haha I’m really split over Mike (AI). On one hand he was just so annoying with his longwinded ramblings on here, answering any counter point with an even longer rambling post within seconds (and so on and so forth until 99.99% of all forum posts became Alwaysinjured ramblings). On the other hand he and another fine chap Bill came to my rescue for my BGR in horrific weather in September 2013, turning up as last minute volunteers for the 2:30 am shift at Dunmail Raise and enjoying an absolutely torrid time over night with me on leg 3. Like most of us I guess, incredibly annoying and incredibly helpful in equal doses 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Haha I’m really split over Mike (AI). On one hand he was just so annoying with his longwinded ramblings on here, answering any counter point with an even longer rambling post within seconds (and so on and so forth until 99.99% of all forum posts became Alwaysinjured ramblings). On the other hand he and another fine chap Bill came to my rescue for my BGR in horrific weather in September 2013, turning up as last minute volunteers for the 2:30 am shift at Dunmail Raise and enjoying an absolutely torrid time over night with me on leg 3. Like most of us I guess, incredibly annoying and incredibly helpful in equal doses ��
    I must admit i'm a fan of his BG Leg 1 variation via Skiddaw House... what a legacy to leave!

Whilst out on my bike today I saw 2 Red Kites having fun on the updraft above the limestone escarpment at the bottom of Long Dale near Hartington. Not seen them in that area before.

Out later with the dogs disturbed a Heron fishing in a Dew Pond about six feet away over a drystone wall. Beautiful.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

First Goosanders of the Autumn on the River Wharfe in Otley and loads of Kingfisher action.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Nuthatches now regulars at my seed feeder. They're fussy about their food too.
    Update.

Nuthatches are wankers and are costing me money in wasted seed. I'm now technically a barley grower because of them wazzing it out all over the place. Mind you it's not half as bad as trying to rake leaves with your shoes clogged with cat crap, the stench...ugh.