Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hutton Roof Fell Race

Cracking race, superb views, great organisation! Back next year.
    Results

http://www.race-results.co.uk/results/2015/hutton.htm

must be a magic wood at hutton roof,2nd placed runner went in 2nd and came out the other end in 3rd and 3rd place went in the magic wood 3rd and came out 2nd,someone was on the magic mushrooms,or did someone go on the long scenic route or the other on the shorter less scenic route?

Must be a parallel to the "magic hill" that you get at most fell races ....... runners descend in a different order to what they ascended
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

I think it's all linked to Einstein and Newton and Relativity and Laws of Motion and that Life is Unfair when a 10 stone gazelle on the start line transforms into a 20 stone lump by the finish.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Can anybody tell me what the parking arrangements are for this race as I've emailed the address on http://www.huttonroof.org.uk/Fellrace/index.html but I've not heard anything back.

Sinatra, parking is in a big field next to the show ground. You will be shown where to park by the show organisers, might be a few quid for parking if I remember from last year. You cannot park anywhere else as the roads are very narrow around about the village and show field.

Quote Originally Posted by slogger View Post
    Sinatra, parking is in a big field next to the show ground. You will be shown where to park by the show organisers, might be a few quid for parking if I remember from last year. You cannot park anywhere else as the roads are very narrow around about the village and show field.
    Thanks Slogger, fingers crossed it stays dry.

Thanks to the Hutton Roof lot today, more stuff to do with all the chip timing etc. Very good soup and cakes.

I had a terrible run and i have an army of frogs in my throat now.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I'd hadn't done this one before but will probably come back for this. I too had a terrible race though, I've had a catalogue of knee and achilles issues this year which nobody wants to know about, but after a recent session of physio actually felt great on the start line for the first time in years. Shot off fast by my normal standards, found the first climb remarkably easy then at the top when the going got fast..boom! My left calf blew up! So ended up hobbling all the way round to the finish yet again.

Regardless of injury problems I've really enjoyed the 50@50 and wondering what to aim for next year. It's taken me to some races that I've never done before (such as today) and probably would never have without this series. It's going to seem strange without planning the next race in the calendar next year.
    Do what you like, like what you do