Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Illiotibial Band Syndrome ITBS

Re: Itb

No pain when the foot is moved, but the area is sore to touch.

There seems to be a banned running from my knee to the ankle and the pain runs along that, I get a bit of pain in the knee and the hip.

If you can understand the next bit give it a try.

Sit in a chair and slump yourself forward with your head on your chest

Then straighten the affected leg (whilst staying slumped) and pull your toes up. Does that reproduce your pain?

other thing to try is push your foot out to the side like you are trying to point your soles of feet away and you should be able to feel a tendon is the tendon sore or reproduce your pain?

I've tried but it's a bit hard to tell, the pain is very hard to feel unless I touch the area or if I run on it.

What do you think it could be?

Thanks

Its a tricky one as it sounds unpredictable it could be one of a number of things. Could be peroneus problems a muscle that controls the movement of the foot in eversion and pointing your toes away and also stablising your foot. Its not uncommon to strain if you've been doing a lot of contouring or going from road type shoes to a fell shoe like a walsh.

Other thing it could be could be a nerve irritation as your peroneal nerve runs near there.

Its a bit tricky to tell really without looking at it. Carry on with other stretches and it might be worth playing around with calf stretching as well. Sorry I can't be much more help. sounds an interesting one to me.

Thanks, I will carry on with the stretches and hope it settles down.

I'll ask the physio who I saw what he thought it was, I've been told just to keep stretching etc, but it's been nearly a month now and it's not getting any better.

Where are you based?

I work in wonderful Wigan for the NHS (for my sins thats for the NHS and Wigan) but occasionally I'll see people as a favour .

I presume your out towards Bolton somewhere I can ask my colleagues if they know anyone they'd recommend out your way if you wany

Cheers I'll keep stretching it and give it a couple more weeks and pray!

Thanks

Has anyone any advice on this, I'm starting to get the feeling this could be the problem with my knee.

I can control the shooting pains when I run on soft flat surfaces, I then get a little bit more confident and introduce some slight downhills and thats when the pain shoots through the knee.

I have tried on and off resting it for two weeks and then getting back to it, perhaps sometimes a bit too keen. The root of my problem seems to be running flat for a week then hitting the fells. Thats when I get caught out.

I intend to revisit the physio when I get paid, but for the minute I plan to avoid the hills and just run on the flat for 3 miles twice a week and see if I can control it.

reading back through this thread there are some good stretching tips which I'll work on.

Am I still welcome on the forum even if i'm running on the roads feel such a fake.

Tra
    Jamie

No bugger off.

Only kidding Jamie.

Talking Re: Itb

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post
    Has anyone any advice on this, I'm starting to get the feeling this could be the problem with my knee.

I can control the shooting pains when I run on soft flat surfaces, I then get a little bit more confident and introduce some slight downhills and thats when the pain shoots through the knee.

I have tried on and off resting it for two weeks and then getting back to it, perhaps sometimes a bit too keen. The root of my problem seems to be running flat for a week then hitting the fells. Thats when I get caught out.

I intend to revisit the physio when I get paid, but for the minute I plan to avoid the hills and just run on the flat for 3 miles twice a week and see if I can control it.

reading back through this thread there are some good stretching tips which I'll work on.

Am I still welcome on the forum even if i'm running on the roads feel such a fake.

Tra
    Jamie
    now then notonurhelly ,ive been the same since december,i'l get 2 wks in on flat grass then stabbing pain on outside of the knee and an ache under the knee cap. r u getting fat aswell. ive got a standing order at asda for ibro's.