Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Asthma

Re: Asthma

Im checking my peak flows morning and night (asthma paranoid android i know) they are dropping slightly but I am a bit snotty at the minute.

Just been out for a run and was fine, there is a definate chill in the air though.

I was running (breathing wise) well this time last year. Its around January/February that it really got me last year.

Jamie
    Last edited by NotOnUrHelly; 14-11-2007 at 09:49 AM.

Wheezing Donkey says it all!
    After 2 better than hoped for years in the early 80's ( 1hour 23 minutes at Half Tour of Pendle in '83 & 1hour 31 minutes at Coniston in '84 ), exercised induced asthma kicked in and now I can't keep up with the thoroughbreds. Things have taken a bit of an upturn lately:-
    1. I've started to be more diligent with my preventative medication.
    2. Upped the intensity of my training - added a session of intervals and a session of hill reps every week with the 'North Bowland Ghandi Men' and it is paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by downsman View Post
    Yep - about a week ago I was back on the brown preventative one and also have a couple of blasts on the blue before a run or bike ride. So far so good but I know I need to start back on them when I get woken up at night sounding like Mr. Vader! Got a flu jab booked as well and am starting a pilates class in a few weeks in the hope that it may help. Also moved the power breather to once a day rather than every 2 or 3. Let's just hope it doesn't bugger me for the Isle of Wight this weekend and Steepdown in October - that was the one I had to stop in last year after belting off uphill at the start. Not pretty! Right, I'm off out on the BMX. Break a leg.
    DOWNSMAN is the Power Breather a benefit for an asthmatic? I saw one in Pete Bland's but they could not advise me one way or the other. I asked a G.P. that I go circuit training with; he came back with the expected, "Just stick with your prescribed medication."