Thread: BGR, PBR, RR ... more!!

BGR, PBR, RR ... more!!

You may be interested to hear www.gofar.org.uk has been expanded to include more peak-bagging routes from classics like the BGR to many lesser-known routes.

The UK Big 3 include outline maps and customisable Excel schedules as well as links to the best sources of information.

There are now 12 routes on the site with a further 20 in the pipeline. The object is to give route details of most of the peak-bagging routes which have appeared in Fellrunner over the past 2 or 3 decades but may have disappeared into the mists of time!

If you wish to go on the mailing list to be notified about new additions email:
    [email protected]

Re: BGR, PBR, RR ... more!!

Nice site - good material, well presented and a worthy aspiration.

Brecon Beacons Traverse (SWT) - didn't realise it's usual to pre-register; have there really been only 26 completions??

Thanks - hopefully it will make it easier to get hold of information on routes.
    There is a good range with something for everyone so maybe it will help encourage more attempts on some of the lesser-known challenges.

I was surprised there are so few completions of the Brecons Traverse (SWT) -perhaps a lot have not registered with Derek Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Nice site - good material, well presented and a worthy aspiration.

Brecon Beacons Traverse (SWT) - didn't realise it's usual to pre-register; have there really been only 26 completions??
    I think that info may be historical and I am not even sure that Derek is still taking registrations. Certainly there have been several completions in recent years that have not gone through Derek. I'll ask around......

Yes I was in touch with Derek early this year so I think he is still handling registrations.

After a group of us completed the Traverse in 2005, I was told there was someone in Newport who would issue a certificate if we provided the required, witnessed summit times etc. Needless to say we didn't bother and I don't know anyone who has in recent years. Still, it's interesting to know that there is still an "official" register.

Incidentally, I haven't registered my two (so far unsuccessful!) attempts at the Paddy Buckley Round and I doubt I'd bother for the BG either.

I like your website MOUNTAIN MAN. It's good to have that information gathered together somewhere on the web. Well done.

Rhys