Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: flyrocs

Master and MR

flyrocs

made the mistake of usin flyrocks at mickleden yesterday and my feet have 5 blisters and are very bruised
    david please bollock me
    wy did i not use my pb racers

i was all over the place comin down the last bit , okay my legs were trashed but the flyrocks felt like boots

Re: flyrocks

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    made the mistake of usin flyrocks at mickleden yesterday and my feet have 5 blisters and are very bruised
    david please bollock me

i was all over the place comin down the last bit , okay my legs were trashed but the flyrocks felt like boots
    I used mine at Stanbury and found the grip great and the comfort no worse than Walshes. Done Mickleden in the snow. Is it that they lack protection to the soles of the feet on hard/rocky ground?

david

david please bollock me
    My pleasure . Racing in Flyrocs indeed .

david

Quote Originally Posted by Aspidistra View Post
    Is it that they lack protection to the soles of the feet on hard/rocky ground?
    No, it's just that they're horrible things. You might as well run in wellies.

david please bollock me

Montrail Highlanders........NO Problems

SSSSSssssssooooooo good (for me anyway) that i've ordered another pair
    Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

I ran in swoops and blistered for the first time in ages, must have been the grit in the puddles?? apart from that good shoe choice as I appreciated the cushioning

I train in flyrocs off road and have done for a couple of years with no problems. However always race with proper studs unless it's something like Pennine Bridleway relay.

I found Flyrocs great for trails and none too muddy runs. I wore them on the Lyke Wake Race:no blisters , not one, may have something to do with all of that vaseline between my toes thou and new socks.(Hilly Xstatic) . I did find and others have said same , that the flyroc uppers are not that hardwearing, the mesh front developed a hole which may have been my doing but then i was approached at a fell race by a fellow runner who said his had done exactly the same. My Mudclaws did it and Innov8 replaced , no probs.

Master and MR

im not knockin the flyrocks its just that in places especially comin over the stones and tecnical stuff they was kinda throwin me about.
    easiest way i can describe it is the pb racers are so light and narrow that as soon as my feet land the feel is magic, they stay put unlike the flyrocks which were throwin my feet about in the shoe to much which was very painfull and caused blisters.

I still can't believe you wore Flyrocs for a race !!!!!