Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: flyrocs

Re: flyrocs

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Very similar but not identical. The Glad studs are a little bigger so grip slightly better. I think the rubber is a bit harder so they last a bit longer but aren't quite as good on wet rock.
    I find Glads very slippery on flagstones, but maybe they're all like that. They are very comfortable, but I find them a bit long to get a size that's wide enough for me.

Bought a pair of Walsh Ultras at the Tigger as I'd inadvertently brought along an old pair of shoes. The Ultras were good on Mickleden - rubbed slightly on big toe towards the end, but no blisters.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I find Glads very slippery on flagstones, but maybe they're all like that. They are very comfortable, but I find them a bit long to get a size that's wide enough for me.

Bought a pair of Walsh Ultras at the Tigger as I'd inadvertently brought along an old pair of shoes. The Ultras were good on Mickleden - rubbed slightly on big toe towards the end, but no blisters.
    yea marvin , i meant to ask u at mickleden how they went
    walsh ultras dont seem to have got much feedback on the forum, not sure why but presume they have not sold many.
    only seen u and a couple of other runners with them at a fell race

so how do roclights (inov 8 gtx) fare?

as a trail/long distance shoe i find them very comfy, grip very well on wet rock, and don't feel too numb! (that's reserved for me!) did 15 mile in them on sunday and 12 today, no sore bits, don't use vas etc, find them a little loose on the heel, but never rub!? oh, and if your careful not to go over the top in the wet, keep your feet dry all the way.
    Short arms and deep pockets. A yorkshire man.

Quote Originally Posted by haworth hobbler View Post
    on sunday and 12 today, no sore bits, don't use vas etc, find them a little loose on the heel, .
    HH try the high lacing system

http://www.inov-8.com/lacing.html

Emailed Inov8 about the tear in my Flyrocs and they replied very quickly saying take them back to the shop where I'd bought them and they'd be exchanged. Copied the e-mail took it into Sweatshop in Milton Keynes and five mins later was the proud owner of a brand new pair of Flyrocs (1/2/ a size smaller than the first pair...perhaps my feet are shrinking); very pleased as I love them for running over the Southdowns.

Cheers to Inov8 and Sweatshop - Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I think it's time Gladiators got a mention in this thread. Very light and responsive similar to PB Racers. I think they grip better in the mud than PBs but are not as good on wet rock. You should try a pair next Daz.
    have heard (not tried myself) that gladiator uppers durability is not so good ?

have they stopped making the running bear standard ? as they said (on the web-site) that they had good grip and were really comfortable

i prefer the Inov8 330's for when its really nasty underfoot, as i find walshies a bit 'flat' underfoot. montrail highlanders for anything else
    Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

david

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Stones View Post
    I've never had a problem. They fall apart eventually but in my experience nothing like as quickly as Inov 290s or Flyroc 310s and about the same as PB Racers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Stones View Post
    I've worn out the soles, but not the uppers on an old pair of Glads. My current pair got a bit worn on the sides on the Ben Race last year, but are still hanging in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I've worn out the soles, but not the uppers on an old pair of Glads. My current pair got a bit worn on the sides on the Ben Race last year, but are still hanging in there.
    Like i said, only what i've heard. a friend complained that he'd pulled the laces through the eyelets....must be heavy handed
    Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

Master and MR

will soon be sending my walsh pbs for another re sole
    this will be the third one
    i was wondering how many re soles you could get away with mind.
    the rest of the shoes are still in decent nick, one thing i have noticed is that they come back flat after a resole though, seems they loose there shape slightly.
    i have run for 3 yrs in these now, dont know how some people destroy walshs quickly, i certainly havnt found that one bit.

as a rough calculation i reckon i have covered about a 1000miles in them
    not bad for 50quid