Thread: OMM chest pouch

OMM chest pouch

I have the OMM 25l rucksack (and don't agree with comments on the other thread that it's too big, but that's just me). I also bought the 4l chest pouch, however unless I go up several bra sizes, there's no way it'll sit anywhere near chest level, it's more dangling around groin level when on shortest setting for the straps.

Anyone else had this prob or am I just odd? I'm not a shortarse either, so don't know where the problem lies - at this rate I'll have to cut the straps down.

Cheers

Re: OMM chest pouch

I have one too and it is impossible to fit so I emailed Mike Parsons on

Email theomm dot mike at googlemail dot com ( spam proofing - use . instead of dot and @ instead of at)

He has agreed to get my retailer to replace it with the new model which will be available in July.

Quote Originally Posted by FellShoeShuffler View Post
    I have one too and it is impossible to fit so I emailed Mike Parsons on

Email theomm dot mike at googlemail dot com ( spam proofing - use . instead of dot and @ instead of at)

He has agreed to get my retailer to replace it with the new model which will be available in July.

Excellent, thankyou for that. Glad it's not just me that's weird.

i had the smae problemas well. ended up cutting off the top straps and using two little karabiners to fasten the bag to my sack. i alwaus wondered how other people coped. can't do without it now. gingers nuts eaten without going into contortions and the map/gloves/hat always to hand,

i attach the (far too long) straps (the ones with the velcro on them) to the carry handle for your hand at the top of the rucksack, and have the lower straps on the shortest setting.

attaching the straps to the rucksack straps means it sits far too low.

also, the elastic cords go round the waist belt of the rucksack which tends to ride up slightly.

apart from that, a very useful bit of kit, big enough for lunch, map, water bottle, pen, roamer, etc etc. but the length of the straps needs to be thought out a bit more.

Yes I did have the same problem.
    Allegedly, OMM sacs were designed to have D rings fitted at the top of the harness but the production line didn't change.
    I have rigged mine so it is a very good nose bag!
    If you want to contact me off list, I can try to explain how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Safety Officer View Post
    Yes I did have the same problem.
    Allegedly, OMM sacs were designed to have D rings fitted at the top of the harness but the production line didn't change.
    I have rigged mine so it is a very good nose bag!
    If you want to contact me off list, I can try to explain how it's done.
    SO, you're not the Safety Officer from our Wednesday runs are you by any chance.

My OMM 20's D ring is on a level with my chin, not got a chest pouch yet but have been thinking about it.

I tried one on last month back 'Likeys'. I am 5'6" and it only took seconds to appreciate that I didn't want to be searching for my trough somewhere below my goolies.

I fear this bit of kit is a non-starter for all those shorter than 6'6" .

I rate everything else I have from OMM, but this is a great idea that went goes all wrong if bought 'off the shelf'.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

The new chest pouch will be out by the end of the summer and there is far more versatility in it. basic size and shape is the same - only the linking to pack has changed i butchered my old one to have less bounce - the problem seem to lay in the fact that walkers don't mind the bounce, but runners don't want it...