Thread: Harry Aspinall Race

Harry Aspinall Race

SUN.JUN 8. HARRY ASPINALL STACKSTEADS FAIR (R). BS. 1.00 p.m. 3.5m/850' from Stacksteads Recreation Ground (GR SD855216). £2. Teams free. LK/PM. Over 14. Record: 22.59 D. Milliken 2006; f. 29.52 H. Corbishley 2006. Junior races from 11.30 a.m. for all age groups. English Junior Championship counter. Lancashire Junior Fell Championships for U12/U14/U16/U18/U23 categories, medals for first 3 boys & girls plus perpetual trophies in each category. No toilets. No safety pins. Country Fair. Details: Steve Clawson, 25 Fieldfare Way , Bacup, OL13 9PP. Tel: 01706 879473. Email: [email protected] Website: rossendaleharriers.co.uk

I'm surprised no one has posted this one?

Junior FRA and Lancs Champs races, with the regular senior race in memory of Harry.

I'll be there with the family - anyone else going?

Re: Harry Aspinall Race

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    SUN.JUN 8. HARRY ASPINALL STACKSTEAD

...anyone else going?
    dunt look like it...a nice 'n easy win fothee.

Yes we are going (3 kids plus me). Spent all day at the track today so it will be nice to get out and run.

I'm sure that the poster today said 1pm referring to the junior champs - still I will stick to the calendar timings.

Well it actually went better than I thought. Stacksteads can be a bit dismal, but the sun came out and the course was certainly a test for all - quite apt after some of the comments about Shutlinglsoe being to easy a course for the FRA Juniors.
    I don't think anyone will claim that Stacksteads was too easy.

Got gubbed by my 14 year old daughter as well

Dont worry wp I think all us seniors got our backsides well and truly kicked by the young un's

One beat me the other didn't. Certainly my 15 year old daughter found it very, very tough. The heat didn't help.

http://www.rossendaleharriers.co.uk/...ain%20race.xls

Results for the Senior Race with the U18 & U16 FRA Jnrs also in there.

1st 2 men beat the old course record, and the 1st 8 ladies and girls beat the old course record!

You've had a taster of the photo's from Stacksteads English Junior Championship races in the recent Fellrunner, the Woodentops have now dropped lots more photo's on to their website http://www.woodentops.org.uk for you to enjoy. Stacksteads was also the Lancashire Junior Championship race, and most award winners were captured with their trophies and medals, presented by Lancashire representative Colin Shuttleworth. There are yet more pix from the 2007 Barley – Pendle races which were the Lancs. Championships that year, again enjoy! Please remember everybody that runs at the Hellifield races on Sat. 2nd August receive a tube of Smarties, with U10, U12, U14, U16, U18, U23 & senior race starting from 2.15pm contact; Stephen Moor 01729850399, this race also incorporates the Yorkshire Junior Championships.