Thread: 2 events, Bradford/Leeds area

2 events, Bradford/Leeds area

Two low key events that might be of interest take place on successive Saturdays in early July.

The Carr Lane Challenge goes from Wrose Carnival showground (just north of Bradford) on Sat 5th July at 2.00. It's more of a trail race, with track, path and field sections and a nasty ascent on road (Carr Lane) to finish (1:6, for two thirds of a mile). It's a five miler. EOD, or in advance, £4.99 (!!)

The Baildon Carnival Canter takes place on Sat 12th July, at 2.15. This goes from the gala field near Baildon RUFC, around Hope Hill and the trig point - it's all off road, similar to the Eldwick race which is in the FRA calendar, but approaches the hill from the opposite side. 3.4 miles, £4, EOD or advance: forms at http://www.ukresults.net/forms/080712baildon.pdf

Both are good little local races. A bonus is that runners who pre-enter and complete both events receive (and I quote) "an additional memento". Don't ask me what it is, but sounds alright eh?
    Each race can also be run as a separate event.

Anyone needing more info, please ask me and try to find out.

Re: 2 events, Bradford/Leeds a

Hey TF, you beat me to it - I literally filled in the entry forms last night but am delaying sending until nearer closing dates!!
    I ran Carr Lane in its inaugral year -a good mix of field, road, track, & woodland (so ideal for a multiterrainer ) & yes the hill was a toughie but given that ascending is my good point I enjoyed passing 2 or 3 others who were struggling with the heat as well as the climb.

As for the Canter have Baildon Runners considered including it in the FRA calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post

As for the Canter have Baildon Runners considered including it in the FRA calendar?
    That's a good point, I think it would qualify as fell event. I think the problem is that we've traditionally been a road-based club and out of the FRA loop - which is why I joined Calder. Individual Baildon runners have often asked me to set up a fell section, but I haven't wanted to as my fell loyalties are elsewhere.
    Another issue is that races attached to carnivals/galas can't be scheduled until the carnival/gala date is finalised; this led (for example) to the Laycock race having to signal a date change even though it had appeared in the FRA calendar. I will pass on the suggestion though.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

So is it just me and Multiterrainer doing these? Anyone else?
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies