Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    for stagger : The great british public cannot cope with hot weather and holidays, and we blame.....

https://m.facebook.com/traffordexpre...pe=3&source=48
    Am Yisrael Chai

Banned
    Not good news for folks on holiday in France.

Managed to fit in trips to Iceland and Paris before Covid kicked in, daughter is currently on 14 day quarantine after holiday in Gran Canaria, couldn’t be arsed with that, hopefully no quarantine after our cottage in Wales in September.

Staycation is the way to go, had a cottage near York, just booked a weekend near Wetherby, planning to see in the New Year in Antrim

Where are you staying near Wetherby Richard? My hometown. If you’re lucky you can have a chat with Marcelo Bielsa in Costa.

We are staying at the Bridge Hotel at Walshford, booked it through Travelzoo, by then we should be halfway through our kitchen extension and looking to escape the dust and mayhem.

We had a cottage at Warthill near York a few weeks ago, really nice, another cottage near Llangollen in Sept then Northern Ireland for New Year

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Not good news for folks on holiday in France.
    Most of them knew that it could possibly happen before they went but decided to take a chance, so they have very little to complain about i.m.o.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Most of them knew that it could possibly happen before they went but decided to take a chance, so they have very little to complain about i.m.o.
    Hear, Hear.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I have sympathy for those that booked their holidays last year, no chance of a refund if the country is open so they take the chance. But I don't think anyone who has booked abroad in the last couple of months has anything to complain about, they can hardly plead ignorance of the potential situation as it blatantly obvious they are taking a risk.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I have sympathy for those that booked their holidays last year, no chance of a refund if the country is open so they take the chance. But I don't think anyone who has booked abroad in the last couple of months has anything to complain about, they can hardly plead ignorance of the potential situation as it blatantly obvious they are taking a risk.
    Good balanced point Mole.

We book when the flights come available.

We received an email from work yesterday informing us that any time needed off for quarantine purposes, which has not been booked as holiday, will be treated as "unauthorised absence".

Fair enough really... if you take the chance of a foreign holiday this year, and have work commitments, you know you're at risk when booking it.

Of course, one could in theory risk going to foreign climes and keep it low-profile, not telling work where you're off to, and ignore any quarantine guidelines when you return. But should you be found out, that would be seen as Gross Misconduct (and possibly breaking the law, i have no idea how strictly quarantine is being enforced).

I'd hoped for Switzerland this autumn (following some great advice on this very forum regarding the Lauterbrunnen area).... looks like it will have to wait until next year!
    Last edited by Travs; 15-08-2020 at 01:02 PM.