Thread: Tanky's 2008?

Tanky's 2008?

I know it's really early days but I was took a look at the DPFR calendar for the rest of the year and I can't see a listing for Tanky's (as yet). Does anyone know if Brian is planning on holding the race this year?

Re: Tanky's 2008?

I hope so. Usually the first Sunday in December - should be on the 7th Dec this year.

Aye, hope so. Ran it in 2006 but missed it last year (bad prep - both mental and physical!) so looking forward to this "epic" again.

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    Aye, hope so. Ran it in 2006 but missed it last year (bad prep - both mental and physical!) so looking forward to this "epic" again.
    lets hope this year is a little dryer with thicker fog

two toenails

I was that wet last year, I could have done with a little dryer too! Dropped out at the Snake due to part of my anatomy hurting. Did the splits on a hidden (submerged) plank bridge on the way up to Soldier's Lump. Just about what I finished up with too.

Quote Originally Posted by two toenails View Post
    Did the splits on a hidden (submerged) plank bridge on the way up to Soldier's Lump. Just about what I finished up with too.
    Chipped my knee cap on the same plank tt.
    Would stake my reputation (not a lot to stake) on Tanky's running. Only challenge would be Peak Park putting to many restrictions on route.
    Will be my 17th Tanky's this year, 18 if you count doing it both ways one year, Edale to Marsden and back with the race.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumBum View Post
    Will be my 17th Tanky's this year, 18 if you count doing it both ways one year, Edale to Marsden and back with the race.
    MENTAL!?!?! Seriously - a there and back as a race? My hat's off to you! Tell me more....

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    MENTAL!?!?! Seriously - a there and back as a race? My hat's off to you! Tell me more....
    Was trying to get my head round the BG so thought a night Tanky's, 01:15 from Edale, would help mentally. Got to Marsden with 20 minutes spare, enough time for a bacon butty and a cup of tea.
    No records broken, 6hrs 40mins going north in the dark and 6hrs 22mins on the way back. Probably one of the things that made me join Woodhead MRT. They were out supporting the race and taking the p**s as I went past.

You lunatic!

Actually, for BG training, it's not such a bad idea after all....and it's local....

Hope to see you at Tanky's this year if not before (perhaps "Grin & Bear It"?).