Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Holme Moss

holme moss

Hi never done this race before and it will be the longest fell race I will have done to date any advice (apart from don't do it ) or comments on the route etc.

Cheers

Re: holme moss

Try this link:

http://www.holmfirthharriers.com/INFHolmeMoss.htm

Pretty good map and instructions. Drinks at Holme Moss, Crowden, Laddow Rocks and maybe Black Hill. Good friendly race, food at end and good prizes but don't underestimate it.

Any more info pm me, I will hopefully run it and know course as well as anyone.

If anybody out there is heading up to this one from the Derby/Belper/Matlock area and would appreciate a contribution to fuel costs, I would certainly be very grateful for a lift...

(Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place on the forum to ask.)

I've read the Holmfirth harriers website and i'm trying to decide whether to do this or kentmere. I've got a 21mile/8000' race coming up in mid august and could do with the distance training. Any info on the route conditions for holme moss, ie. trail or fell shoes?

Fell shoes defo. You'll appreciate it if it's wet, especially the part across Tooleyshaw Moss (I've lost a shoe on here in the bogs before!) and at Black Hill. No road sections but it does follow the partly paved route up the PW from Crowden to Black Hill so there's a wee bit on flags.

Cracking route, sorry to be missing it this year, just not fit enough at the mo'....

Lots of DNF's in the past few years - is there a cut off time in this race?

Looks way beyond my level this, but I'm tempted as I love the Crowden Horseshoe and its about time I extended beyond 10 miles.

Mmm....

No cut off times. Just very hot last year, I'm glad I was only marshalling not running.

I did it last year,it is a cracking route,finishing in a very picturesque spot. Boy,was it hot last year though !

is a recce required, or can you get away with looking at the map the day before? is it PM?

It's marked up to Holme Moss then from Black hill to the end. The middle section is up to you, as long as you visit the checkpoints. In good weather not too difficult, cloud it could be fun here and there.