Thread: PBR July 19th/20th

Master

PBR July 19th/20th

I am in very early stages at the moment in thinking of going for the Paddy on w/e of 19th/20th probably an early evening start from Nantmor area. having just done BGR I would like to put the fitness to good use and avoid another winter and spring of hype and build up. I'd have to and am happy to do it lowish key this time as I could nt remobilise my fantastic support team that I had for BGR (that I think would be asking just too much!!)and would like to achieve 24 hours but wouldnt be unhappy in missing that target. Therefore I will drop stashes off at road crossing prior to going for it.
    I dont know however if anyone out there might offer some support on any legs. is anyone keen use this as a recce for their own information?

Also what are peoples thoughts on best starting places and why? Starting in Nantmor does give you that bloody tough Siobhod and Moelwyns leg last?

regards

Re: PBR July 19th/20th

I am having a go on Sat 28th June. I am starting at Pont Aberglaslyn, and think it is one of the best start points. To get an evening start (18:00hrs) is always good and it gets the toughest sections (if you think of the Boundary ridge and Moelwyns as 2 legs split by the Quarry) over in the first half. If you total up the effort scales on Bobs web site it shows that the hardest legs are done earlier on. i.e Snowdon and the Glyders.
    Hope this helps.

Good luck Alan.
    Sorry I can't be with you - a clash with another event on 28th

I started from Nant Mor, but ran the road section first so it was out of the way early. I think starting at 6ish allows you to run that first leg in light, keeps you calm, settles you into the challenge and then yiou move onto the nav simple leg and good underfoot in the dark of the Snowdon massif, up through the quarries and it should be light somewhere on the first half of the glyders.