Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green, Green Grass of Home

Green Green Grass Race 25.7.07

Anyone doing this race?

Does anyone know the course/route for this race the Green Green Grass of Home 4.8m 1300ft fell race on 25.07.07 from the Golden Lion Inn near Denbigh.

Re: Green Green Grass Race 25.

Apparently, no one here is doing this. A few from our club are going to Shining Tor.

I will be there, trying not to get carried away and ruin Snowdon on Saturday.

oh yeah, had a good day hiking on Sunday.

Spoke to Sinatra today, I predict a season of cross country running for you Pinno

Pinno - we usually get a good turnout for this but I change the course every year, it's up and down twice and I'm sure we can get a different combination of the ups and downs to last us for 20 years. Think of it as a good climb followed by a quick descent then a different climb and another descent to the finish on nice green runnable tracks and you've got it!

See you there!

No flies on us!!

Great turn out last night - the weather cleared up and a fine run was had by all. Well done Swiss Toni, Iain, etc - Pinno you missed a good one! Thanks to Fellrunner and the team for their excellent marshalling. Youth to the fore at the front with Adam Peers and Jason McGonigle streets ahead of most of the usual suspects.

Slightly revised route again was probably 5.9 miles and 1600 feet - exactly the same as Shining Tor which was also held last night but we didn't have the midges. 23 runners from Swiss Toni's club - just over a third of the field and a great crack in the pub afterwards.

Good race, brilliant descents, I thought it felt long for 4.8 miles. My first Clwydian hills race and I'll definately head over for a few more now, wasn't as bad a drive as I thought either.

Much better turn out than I thought as well, I thought with Snowdon at the weekend numbers may be down.

Thanks WH for another great race - we loved it and our club will no doubt keep supporting this terrific series.

My poor feet! I got a stone under my heel and then ran that last descent flat out, resulting in a tear in my foot about 3 inches by 2 inches - horrible. First fell race since the BGR three weeks ago and ran as poorly as you might expect - well off the pace

Still, great to be out and a timely reminder to reluctantly return to speedwork after four months!

ST

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Toni View Post
    a timely reminder to reluctantly return to speedwork after four months!

ST
    Roll on the Border League!

Great race last night, really enjoyed it.

Sounds a though it was a good race last night and a bit further than orignally stated. Unfortunatley due to family commitments I was unable to make it. Here is to next years race.