Thread: Boxing

Boxing

Talking about tonights boxing is anybody doing any at the moment are done any in your youth?

when do you think kahn will get his title shot?
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

Re: Boxing

Not very soon after tonights performance!

Anyone notice the adverts on the ring for Audley Harrisons next fight? I thought we'd seen the last of him but apparently he still wants a shot at a world title!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Rabbit View Post
    Talking about tonights boxing is anybody doing any at the moment are done any in your youth?

when do you think kahn will get his title shot?
    His advisers will be looking to improve his work on the inside before he gets a title shot.

Did anyone hear his interview before the fight. His body fat was down from 16% some time ago to 1 and a 1/2%. No wonder his opponent said he was too strong.

Brutal sport with severe punishments for making a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    His advisers will be looking to improve his work on the inside before he gets a title shot.

Did anyone hear his interview before the fight. His body fat was down from 16% some time ago to 1 and a 1/2%. No wonder his opponent said he was too strong.

Brutal sport with severe punishments for making a mistake.
    It will probably be be about halfway through 2009 before they start talkng about matches

I heard that interview and was surprised about his body fat and I thought I did not have much body fat but I will gladly go to 1 & 1/2% fat if I am that strong and would do that just to have a good physique

He is a very big looking lightweight now though. Absolutely ripped, so he has gone from a skinny looking guy who could punch to a big looking guy that can really smack hard!

Was just too strong for the guy last night but CL your right he does need to sort it out inside. He should be able to dominate that bit with his comparative strength but he looked uncomfortable.

He in general needs to sort out his defence as he has been caught a few times and been knocked down. He is just lucky it has never been with a real belter of a punch.

Amazing talent! Everyone seems to think not if but when he is world champ.

What a cracking fight last night.
    Generally going nowhere fast.

I have taken a few punches to the ribs like kahn got last night and they do hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Rabbit View Post
    I have taken a few punches to the ribs like kahn got last night and they do hurt
    Rabbit punches
    Hills and Guinness!

I'm not convinced about Khan to be honest - I feel he's over-rated and hasn't actually fought anyone of any note yet.

Ok, he is fantastic offensively, he hits hard and he's very accurate in putting together some killer combinations. However, his defence is very weak and he has a glass chin - he's already been knocked down four times during his amateur and professional career without going anywhere near a big-hitter.

Alex Limond is a light-hitting lightweight but put Khan on his bum, Michael Gomez is a blown-up Super Featherweight and put Khan on his bum (well, knee actually!) and hurt him with a body shot. In fact, Carl Johanesson arguably did a better job on Gomez at Super Featherweight not too long ago.

Khan will never truly be a great until he works on his defence; he could do with going to train with Roger Mayweather to pick up some of the skills Floyd had (as Ricky Hatton will testify). Khan has recently been calling out the likes of Manny Pacquaio; if it had been Manny in there against Khan last night, Khan would have been KO'd in 2 rounds - he's just not in the same league at the moment.

Khan is the mandatory challenger for Nate Campbell's title (WBO I think) - How?? How is he ranked the Number 1 contender when he's not even fought anyone in the top 10? The lightweight division is red-hot at the moment - you have Pacquiao and Marquez up there now, both arguable contenders for 2 of the top 3 Pound for Pound spots. You've also got Juan Diaz, Michael Katsidis, Joan Guzman, Nate Campbell, Joel Casamayor, David Diaz and Julio Diaz. Khan would get schooled by any one of them.

In Khan's favour, he's only 21 years old and he has time to 'fix' his defence but he needs to think long and hard about his next trainer. Frank Warren is protecting Khan and he really needs to step up in class against a European class fighter (Romanov perhaps) before moving on to the guys mentioned above. Incidentally, Juan Diaz won the WBA World title aged only 20.

Once he does that; he'll get my respect.