Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: payin your way

Master and MR

payin your way

just wonderin if any forumites have younsters that have got to board payin age if there is such an age
    and wot are they makin them pay a week
    my mates lad is 17 and moanin at 25 quid a week which i didnt think was too bad

Re: payin your way

is he working? if so i'd say that's about right.

I didn't pay board until i left full time education (when i was 18) and think I paid 20quid a week so with inflation 25 quid is about right

Make him pay board for food & give a contribution to any bill for anything he has use of (eg Heating, Electricity, phone, whatever). This'll make him concious of the expenses of running a household & might even get him to be more conservative of the resources he uses (& might waste otherwise).
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    Make him pay board for food & give a contribution to any bill for anything he has use of (eg Heating, Electricity, phone, whatever). This'll make him concious of the expenses of running a household & might even get him to be more conservative of the resources he uses (& might waste otherwise).
    allan how much do you pay mate

My mum does not make me pay board as im still at college but when i leave college and get a full time job i will start paying board
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    allan how much do you pay mate

About £90 per month into a pool for food - I have to buy some stuff in as well. Then I also pay for a 1/4 of all the bills - eg lighting, heating, phone & any work needed doing on the house. I know I'm doing quite well staying at home, however it's the only way that I could have a chance of raising enough to get a mortgage with the astranomical price of property here.

I had to start paying that when I was at college as well.
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Back in the 80's I used to pay £121 a month plus my share o the phone bill. This sounds very steep

It didn't teach me the value of money, just made me move out quicker!!
    I think that was the master plan
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

jack

Don't let Brett see this thread

david

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Don't let Brett see this thread
    Well perhaps I can help you a bit here by saying that my parents never expected me to make any financial contribution while I was in full time education and they helped finance me through university in the days of means tested grants not student loans. My wife's parents did likewise and we promised our children we would do the same for them so we have not yet asked either of them for a contribution. Our elder daughter has now started her working life away from home with no intention of coming back and the younger one is half way through her uni course.

Jack,
    What's it worth? A couple of pints in Brett's front room tomorrow evening?
    K1M