Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Injuries

Re: Todays Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    Just got back from the Pod.

I am a challenge and the 2nd worse case he has had
    2nd worst? Where's your competitive spirit?
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Seriously, Anti, that's bad news and after my experience with PF earlier this year I can sympathise. It does seem to flare up again; after 5 months clear, I started feeling it again too last week. Keep us posted on what your experts advise.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    Just got back from the Pod.

After resting since july, only running 10 - 15 miles pw steady,cycling and stretching religously with a view to overcoming my biomechanical gripes and reoccuring Plantar Faciatis etc by jan, out of the blue without doing anything different the whole thing flared up again last week in both legs.

Pod sys I am a challenge and the 2nd worse case he has had but he won't be beaten - I suppose its nice to be made to feel special but i am so f*cked off right now, no more running for at least a fortnight.
    Can you still go out on your bike?

Nasty slip yesterday dropping off Bleaklow during Tanky's, something went pop on the outside of the left knee, run (run, I wish!!!) in from rain gauge to Edale was none too pleasent....ascent up to Kinder naye probs but unable to run rest of the way and reduced a semi hobble...lots of time lost..!!!

Bloody painful today...ice, ibuprofen and self pity......being the order of today!

Thats the game we play!
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphin View Post
    Nasty slip yesterday dropping off Bleaklow during Tanky's, something went pop on the outside of the left knee, run (run, I wish!!!) in from rain gauge to Edale was none too pleasent....ascent up to Kinder naye probs but unable to run rest of the way and reduced a semi hobble...lots of time lost..!!!

Bloody painful today...ice, ibuprofen and self pity......being the order of today!

Thats the game we play!
    Frustrating when your running well and getting some good miles in, least you finished, hope your back running soon
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphin View Post

Thats the game we play!
    Tough luck Phil.

Didn't get chance to have a proper catch up on Sunday, too much to do.

Drop me a PM when you are better and you can take me for a run or don't forget the Bradfield Boundary run on the 27th I'm doing it all but come and join in for the middle bit.
    Ian

Today the back of my left knee is killing!

Not sure how i did it because ive not run in over a week now - but at work last night we had to work like lunaticts to get all the drinks onto the shelfs before the next delivery came in so i think i may have done something....
    I think what may have caused it is for example, if a 12-pack of 2 litre pepsi is on a rack and its above my head, i will lift it off and use my knee to sort of cusion it. Im sure we've all done things like that, but i think doing it all night must be causing it?

Its one bloody thing after another - first my right ITB, then my left ITB was giving me some trouble, now its the back of my knee.
    Its doing my nut it!
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 12-12-2008 at 03:40 PM.

Left shoulder is killing me - even having to do some gear changes with my right (in the car - not the bike). Must have slept on it funny.

Gone over on my ankle again, during Leg 4 of the Calderdale. This is becoming anoying now, I suspect it will be okay by Saturday but it keeps happening. I'll do alternatives and go on a wobble board but thats not going to make me a good descender!

I'm sure I need to do more practice decending not less. There was a time when I wasn't bad but I've done less as I've picked up injuries. Now when I descending at race pace on rough steep ground I feel tense, worrying about busting my ankle again.... sure enough it goes.

Well today's injury has totally buggered me up having to get round the ruddy house with the aid of crutches now. Can't remember the last time I had to use these probably in my footballing days.
    Last edited by Pinno; 02-01-2009 at 09:55 PM.