Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Injuries

Today's Injuries

Lets hope that unlike 'todays training' this thread stays as short as possible - however afraid I'm gonna start - left achilles flared up again after xc race over a fortnight ago so no running since - but off to gym in 15 mins totest it on cross-trainer and may be tempted by treadmill for 10 mins.

Doh! I knew I shouldn't have read this thread before I went out for my safe little road run.

Somehow managed to trip over a piece of wire, and am now feeling very sorry for myself. One bruised and swollen kneecap, 2 skinned elbows, 2 sore hands and wrists and a sore rib!!

Fell over twice on Kentmere Pike last Thursday and sustained no injuries like these. Blooming tarmac! I knew I didn't like it

Feet in the Cowclaps
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juicer View Post
    Doh! I knew I shouldn't have read this thread before I went out for my safe little road run.

Somehow managed to trip over a piece of wire, and am now feeling very sorry for myself. One bruised and swollen kneecap, 2 skinned elbows, 2 sore hands and wrists and a sore rib!!

Fell over twice on Kentmere Pike last Thursday and sustained no injuries like these. Blooming tarmac! I knew I didn't like it
    Sorry to hear that.
    Are you marathon training then?

Ouch!!

Yeah! Had a rush of endorphins and carried on with the run. Regretted it after half hour though and limped home :-(

Bad news - can hardly move today my ribs are hurting so much.
    Good news - I haven't gone to work!! (Driving the car on the school run was an ordeal itself)

I'm still injured, and it's not looking like i'm going to be back running for a while,(problems with right calf) i guess i'll have to bite the bullett and start working out in a gym... God thats boring! Oh well we must do whats right... If this doesn't work i'm jacking it all in, running should be fun and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Lets hope that unlike 'todays training' this thread stays as short as possible - however afraid I'm gonna start - left achilles flared up again after xc race over a fortnight ago so no running since - but off to gym in 15 mins totest it on cross-trainer and may be tempted by treadmill for 10 mins.
    i would avoid the treadmill it could make it worse try a football pitch or just go for a long walk..

keep having a sligfht niggle on me rightfoot on the arch, think it could be shoes due to switch in the next 3 weeks and orthotics are ready for fitting next week.. other than that no new injurys at all..

famous last words

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    keep having a sligfht niggle on me rightfoot on the arch, think it could be shoes due to switch in the next 3 weeks and orthotics are ready for fitting next week.. other than that no new injurys at all..

famous last words
    I felt niggle on the arch of my right foot 2 months ago. Only just returning to running. The dreaded Planter Fasciitis. Gutted! Was thinking of getting orthotics made. Are they okay in fell/ trail shoes?

A MASSIVE blood blister on the big toe on my right foot bloomin new shoes I suspect!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    A MASSIVE blood blister on the big toe on my right foot bloomin new shoes I suspect!
    Snap! My new shoes made a bit of a mess of the skin on my right heel... lesson for today "two pairs of socks with new footwear". Mental note.
    Optima quaeque dies miseris mortalibus aevi prima fugit