Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: Today's Injuries

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Sad to hear that you can't race any more, IanDP; but pleased that you have now got more time to be involved in the revival that the Forum is currently experiencing.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Sad news indeed Ian. Good to hear you can still get out walking - I hope you're still enjoying the fells.

Sorry to hear that Ian, I wondered why I hadn't seen you for a while.
    I think I'm coming to a similar point myself. I'm only just managing to scrape through the remains of the 50@50 heavily dosed up on painkillers and taking about a week to recover after each race. Knee cartilage in my case though.
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Sad news indeed Ian. Good to hear you can still get out walking - I hope you're still enjoying the fells.
    Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    Sorry to hear that Ian, I wondered why I hadn't seen you for a while.
    I think I'm coming to a similar point myself. I'm only just managing to scrape through the remains of the 50@50 heavily dosed up on painkillers and taking about a week to recover after each race. Knee cartilage in my case though.
    Thanks guys. sorry to hear about your knee Ian, it appears time waits for no man (or person) as some one pointed out to me the other week i may be breaking down but hell its been a helluva ride to get here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Thanks guys. sorry to hear about your knee Ian, it appears time waits for no man (or person) as some one pointed out to me the other week i may be breaking down but hell its been a helluva ride to get here.
    Way to go Ian I have always led my life guided by the wise words of the quote by Hunter S Thompson as my guide :- Hunter S. Thompson > Quotes > Quotable Quote
    Hunter S. Thompson

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967

Reading your post I figure you are familiar with the quote
    Last edited by JohnK; 09-11-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Way to go Ian I have always led my life guided by the wise words of the quote by Hunter S Thompson as my guide :- Hunter S. Thompson > Quotes > Quotable Quote
    Hunter S. Thompson

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967

Reading your post I figure you are familiar with the quote
    Yes I was using a little poetic licence though..

Whilst at bramley parkrun today, volunteering at the finish funnel not running, i was told what i think is the most woefully unnecessary and tragic injury story i've ever heard. I thought i could cut a sorry sight with injury, but this lady has taken the biscuit.

She developed plantar fasciitis, but didn't approach the recovery properly and just ran through it. Changes to her gait put so much adverse loading through her knee that she collapsed one half of the meniscus and tore a cruciate ligament. In order to address this, the surgeon had to break her femur and remove a triangle shaped piece in order to alter the alignment of the femur on the buggered meniscus. The bone grew back fine and the joint restabilised, she now runs slowly three times a week and has to back off totally if it gets painful. Quite remarkable.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent