Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Injuries

Re: Todays Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Bloody calf

No not you Calf, but my left one which tightened up just before the end of the Austwick Amble on Monday, and after short runs on both Wednesday and Thursday flared up again -experience tells me its a (hopefully minor) tear but it means resting up til at least the middle of next week, if not longer and then a few short flatter runs initially.
    hi, not read all this thread so no idea whats been said, but has anyone looked at your back, most chronic calf probs... infact most chronic tight muscles are normally due to altered nerve input.

Quote Originally Posted by RVN View Post
    hi, not read all this thread so no idea whats been said, but has anyone looked at your back, most chronic calf probs... infact most chronic tight muscles are normally due to altered nerve input.
    Thanks for that RVN. We recently had various free health/fitness assessment tests at work and one thing that did become clear was that I needed some work on back strength/flexibility, something I've struggled with since a cycling accident in 2000.

Perhaps I need to finally get to those pilates classes or back to circuit training to help the core stability once the calf problem has cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Thanks for that RVN. We recently had various free health/fitness assessment tests at work and one thing that did become clear was that I needed some work on back strength/flexibility, something I've struggled with since a cycling accident in 2000.

Perhaps I need to finally get to those pilates classes or back to circuit training to help the core stability once the calf problem has cleared.
    if you've got flexability issues in your back then move rather than strengthen, if you're too flexible then strengthen rather than move. if your stiff as a board in you back then core stabilty will make you worse

Quote Originally Posted by RVN View Post
    if you've got flexability issues in your back then move rather than strengthen, if you're too flexible then strengthen rather than move. if your stiff as a board in you back then core stabilty will make you worse
    Thanks for the advice RVN, most useful.

Well hello AGAIN, fans of misery!
    Iliotbial band stuff:wadda you know??

Time to take my own life with a teaspoon, or just a passing phase??

Off to my fantastic (+ long suffering) physiotherapist on Monday....shall I take a box of tissues??..........Oh, NO smutty replies to that one, puhleese!

Just realised that I can't spell ITB.
    Oops.

Not recovered from knee op then! Too much too soon? (it's been 3 months)

Dunno about today's injuries - tomorrows are blisters courtesy of Snowdon!

One race in 3 months and three weeks of achilles misery.
    I'm trying to do all the right things (as suggested in THE FELLRUNNER) but any ideas on the speed of any comeback??

How long does it take to get back to running?
    How long should I start with?

Physios are wonderful.... my shin splints are getting better - but after last night's treatment with thumbs my leg is sore to touch. I'm biking instead of running for a bit - hoping to start doing some very easy running next week.

I blame the weather for my injury, and being off work. Hence doing a stupid amount of running and forgetting to have rest days.

Chugger - I don't know about achilles problems - I've never had one. I did find some interesting things on injuredrunner.com today though.