Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paddy this weekend

Re: Paddy this weekend

Well done Alan.
    Top man.

Great performance from Alan. Glad you had some decent weather for the finish (especially as I was supporting that section! Great effort also from Wynn, who roadsided the whole thing with no sleep. Great porridge, lass.

...pitty the damp weather killed off breakfast otdoors. Still, we had our bacon in the cafe at Capel, but it never tastes as good as the one cooked out in the fresh air!
    Yiannis

and the porrige was drinkable at llanberis

Well done Alan

Great support from Wynn as well
    Last edited by Baggins; 30-06-2008 at 03:16 PM.
    Bill

Thanks everyone.
    A special thanks to all of you that made it a possibilty, from expert navigation in some testing conditions, to a never ending flow of food and drink, and great roadside support (cheers Wynn) you were all first class. You all made it a really special day. This has relegated my Bob Graham round, to my 2nd best day on the fells.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    and the porrige was drinkable at llanberis
    I never eat my porridge, I always drink it!
    Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    .... Still, we had our bacon in the cafe at Capel, but it never tastes as good as the one cooked out in the fresh air!
    Yiannis
    Yes the Pinnacle was very busy during a wet morning. Among the customers was the next contender out for a recce, looking to follow up his recent Ramsay with a PB later this month. Go Digby...

Well done Alan, the weather was pretty tough this weekend, with the low cloud, rain and wind. I also made an attempt on saturday but starting at Capel at 12pm. I met one of your supporters who was in the van and a few of your group chatted with my dad who was waiting in Aberglaslyn carpark as my road support. I managed to get rather well lost in the mist somewhere after Allt fawr so I gave up there. Without a recce of that section I don't think I really stood much of a chance! It's a lovely area though which I probably wouldn't otherwise have visited but I will now.

On a seperate note, have you checked yourselves for ticks, as one managed to find me in the wonderful wilds of the Moelwyns.

Richard

Unlucky Richard. That section is difficult in perfect weather. I was lucky to have great support here and all the way. It is deffinitely the easier way to do it. I spoke to your dad briefly (at about 17:50) before I set off. I was kind of hoping you would catch me up then you would have had a better chance!
    As for the ticks I have none that are obvious and I was wearing compression shorts and top all day so hopefully that thwarted the little buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lackey View Post
    I also made an attempt on saturday but starting at Capel at 12pm. I met one of your supporters who was in the van and a few of your group chatted with my dad who was waiting in Aberglaslyn carpark as my road support. I managed to get rather well lost in the mist somewhere after Allt fawr so I gave up there. Without a recce of that section I don't think I really stood much of a chance! It's a lovely area though which I probably wouldn't otherwise have visited but I will now.
    Bad luck Richard Yes we spoke to your dad at Nantmor, and feared the worst when you weren't seen at Pont Caer-gors. This is probably the hardest of the Big Three, and definitely the hardest to do on-sight! To solo it you would need good visibility and/or very good route knowledge - preferably both. Hopefully you'll have another go. With some prior warning I don't think you'd have any difficulty getting some support - if you'd like to try a supported Round.