Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glaramara

Smile Re: Glaramara

Cheers Mountain Goatess - 1st time I've been the 1st to register if nothing else. Cracking race - not sure if I took the best line on the descent but then those in front just shot off - how I wish I could descend !
    Pleasure to meet Sideburns on the summit & Peejay on the top. Great Flapjacks too at the finish.

Fellhound

Re: Glaramara

Does anybody know if the 09 edition of this race is on? It doesn't seem to be on the list in the website but it is in the handbook

Feet in the Cowclaps

Quote Originally Posted by Fellhound View Post
    Does anybody know if the 09 edition of this race is on? It doesn't seem to be on the list in the website but it is in the handbook
    To quote FRAFixtures :

Quote Originally Posted by FRAFixtures View Post
    Races are only listed in the on-line race Calendar if the race organiser has given his permission for this on the race registration form.

I can confirm that Glaramara is definitely on tomorrow.
    Scoffer is organising it as in previous years.
    Not sure what time is starts, probably same as last year if you've got a 2008 calendar?
    It is a Borrowdale FR Club champs counting race so there will be plenty of local knowledge to follow...

1pm according to this

Making the trip up to Borrowdale for this from North Wales - just fancied a short race in the lakes for some reason. Car journey will be twice as long as the race but it'll be worth it i hope. Looking like it'll be a touch damp...

ST

Lovely little race - thanks to Scoffer for that.

Nice to see so many NFR types there - obvously a club counter.

Worth the 2 hours drive each way - just needed a good blast. As it was i lost a contact lens on the way up so couldn't descend with any confidence, had old shoes on and grip was just zero and i finished well down....but what a view northwards to skiddaw and northern borrowdale (from what my one good eye could make of it!).

Sometimes it's not about the performance, it;s about the sport, the fells and the atmosphere. Gladthe rain held off until 10 mins after i finished - nice timing.

Nice to have notched that one - would recommend it to anyone

Brilliant race - many thanks Scoff. Thought you might have been at Fairfield on Saturday. No??

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Thug View Post
    Brilliant race - many thanks Scoff. Thought you might have been at Fairfield on Saturday. No??
    He was down sarff at Mount Famine.

Re: Results

Quote Originally Posted by Cole_Dale View Post
    WOW robb jebb wins the fairfeild then next day wins the glamara fell race and i complain of acheing legs
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.