Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glaramara

Re: Results

I shouldn't even be considering this but can someone tell me where the flags end for this or better still a route? ta.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Im now down for this'un.

Never been up Glaramara before.

I'm planning on doing this too. It will be my first time, so I can't provide any more details. Can anyone else give any pointers? How rocky is it? Are there different lines to take or can I follow Al?

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I'm planning on doing this too. It will be my first time, so I can't provide any more details. Can anyone else give any pointers? How rocky is it? Are there different lines to take or can I follow Al?
    You may follow me...but I must be able to beat you to try and move up the fantasy forum leage - but I think you're out of reach.

I was emailed.."Cracking race, mostly run able on the way up, for the fit lads, with a flat out descent on grass on the way back. Easy to go wrong if you go off the race route or it’s misty."

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    You may follow me...but I must be able to beat you to try and move up the fantasy forum leage - but I think you're out of reach.

I was emailed.."Cracking race, mostly run able on the way up, for the fit lads, with a flat out descent on grass on the way back. Easy to go wrong if you go off the race route or it’s misty."
    great race, quick up, but coming down there is quite a bit of choice and potential to go wrong. Worth sticking behin a purple vest...

Up, there's choice, but up is up, really, coming down is where the time is made. Also beware the blands dog..

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    great race, quick up, but coming down there is quite a bit of choice and potential to go wrong. Worth sticking behin a purple vest...

Up, there's choice, but up is up, really, coming down is where the time is made. Also beware the blands dog..

A duno if im fast enough to keep with a purple vest all the way through the race...but I can try

Any hints on th map of anything to aim for going up...just to give me an idea....going down, i'll just fling myself off!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post

A duno if im fast enough to keep with a purple vest all the way through the race...but I can try

Any hints on th map of anything to aim for going up...just to give me an idea....going down, i'll just fling myself off!
    Can't really help, it was nearly 2 years ago.

I was following Mike R, Barry W and Corny, so all local runners, but they took different lines, we swung around the ridge and kept right, but I think one went up early adn made ground on us.

Coming down Barry got away from me and I was just on my own looking over drops trying to work out which way down. Its worth keeping your eyes open on the way up so you know how far you get down before you pass back across the ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Can't really help, it was nearly 2 years ago.

I was following Mike R, Barry W and Corny, so all local runners, but they took different lines, we swung around the ridge and kept right, but I think one went up early adn made ground on us.

Coming down Barry got away from me and I was just on my own looking over drops trying to work out which way down. Its worth keeping your eyes open on the way up so you know how far you get down before you pass back across the ridge.

Cheer Ian, noted!

There must be a variety of secret routes on this run people are keeping their cards close to their chest, I'm going to give it a miss though much against my wishes.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I'll be there, no idea of routes, don't really matter for us plodders. Sounds like a interesting descent is on the cards.
    why do we do?:wink:
    http://williamtitley.org