Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why do they do it?

two toenails

Re: Why do they do it?

It won't be long before you are pushing further to the front to achieve a goal. Honest. And why not. You'll want to get a good start on a team mate or someone you are getting closer and closer to in each race. Start at the front, start in the middle, start at the back. It's all good fun. Might wear a sign on the back of my t shirt at the next Trunce. Slow runner, sorry if I'm delaying your progress. Any other ideas are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by two toenails View Post
    It won't be long before you are pushing further to the front to achieve a goal. Honest. And why not. You'll want to get a good start on a team mate or someone you are getting closer and closer to in each race. Start at the front, start in the middle, start at the back. It's all good fun. Might wear a sign on the back of my t shirt at the next Trunce. Slow runner, sorry if I'm delaying your progress. Any other ideas are welcome.
    if you are the last in the pub the ale tastes far better as it's further down the barrel.
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post
    Why do the old, elderly & infirm insist on standing on the front line of a race?
    Fellrunner, I am old, elderly but not infirm. Yes I am slow and hopefully I position myself where I believe I'll finish in the race. Yes I accept that there are occasions where slower runners sometimes through ignorance, sometimes because of a personal race within the race, etc etc.start the race much further up the field than their ability warrants. However none of this excuses your arrogance!
    As for your comment "Muppets, they deserve to be elbowed, tripped & run over." Well what about the situation where a normally slow starter but strong finisher encounters you in the last third of a race with no passing place and mile or more of single track and styles etc. Are they entitled to elbow you out of the way, trip you up, run over you. Assault you?
    What would you advocate if the runner was an old elderly woman? Do they deserve to be "elbowed, tripped and run over"?
    Surely if you want a clear run with "no obstacles" you should, as suggested, take up road running.
    If you were running along in full flight with the chance of a "place" would you give that up to help another runner in trouble? (injured in fall etc) What I'm asking, is winning everything to you?
    Lastly if you elbow someone out of the way and they were injured, would you complain if they later came up to you at the end and either "stuck one on you" or had you arrested by the "Old Bill" for assault?
    Last edited by Iken Fityemean; 06-07-2008 at 10:05 PM.