Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who's got the lurgy

Re: Who's got the lurgy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Rabbit View Post
    I have got that as well woke up on friday morning with it all and my head felt like there was a disco going on in there. I am going out training later to see how i am but hopefully i will be ok as i want to do Radcliffe tomorrow
    think you had better take your phone tomorrow so when you fall at least i can come pick u up and drag you to the fininsh

Quote Originally Posted by spirit in the sky View Post
    got out of bed 1hr ago,have been there for 3 days,dont think i will be doing radcliffe 12 at weekend ibet danberts in good shape
    spirit in the sky...why not come along, introduce yourself and do it as a long and steady Sunday run with me ?
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

do you think running in a crap environment can make you get the lurgy more

I have been plagued with coughs and colds and the flu for the last 4 months particularly the last 2 months and it is getting rather blooming annoying now! I have a lot on my plate at the moment, literally never a spare minute in my day and had put it down to being a bit run down BUT I realise the other thing that has changed is that I am running in the morning in rush hour when there is loads of traffic and I guess I am gulping pretty yukky air - maybe this isn't helping either?

Do you think i should move to the countryside?

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post

I have been plagued with coughs and colds and the flu for the last 4 months particularly the last 2 months and it is getting rather blooming annoying now! I have a lot on my plate at the moment, literally never a spare minute in my day and had put it down to being a bit run down BUT I realise the other thing that has changed is that I am running in the morning in rush hour when there is loads of traffic and I guess I am gulping pretty yukky air - maybe this isn't helping either?

Do you think i should move to the countryside?

yes come over to ilson
    luvley air here

plenty of air here today - blowing a gale

Fellhound

Second week now and still feel grotty/snotty. Tried to train (and race!) through it ... idiot.

The weakness and aching legs are among the worst I've had with a cold. Hope I can see it off (with help from 1000mg VitC) this week.

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    This winter I wondered if running at night in the trees in the mist made me more susceptible to colds - so I stopped doing it!! I also stopped training in the mornings a year or two back 'cos I thought that might be a problem - but that was because I was half asleep rather than because of the fumes (I was training in the hills at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    yes come over to ilson
    luvley air here

I ain't got time to trek over to ilson in the mornings

or the hills for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Trundler View Post
    Second week now and still feel grotty/snotty. Tried to train (and race!) through it ... idiot.

The weakness and aching legs are among the worst I've had with a cold. Hope I can see it off (with help from 1000mg VitC) this week.
    Have done exactly the same re. trying to train and race through it...have latterly realised this was really stupid. I feel like I'm coming out the other side of it now...fingers crossed.

Cheers - Raymond